ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I'm a single traveler, would I be paired up with another single traveler in a room or is that something we would coordinate here on the board with fellow members?

Anyone familiar with the shore diving options at this location?

Is the boat within walking distance of the hotel?

If I'm a single traveler, would I be paired up with another single traveler in a room or is that something we would coordinate here on the board with fellow members?

Anyone familiar with the shore diving options at this location?

Is the boat within walking distance of the hotel?
Hi RobPNW,
I started a new thread in this forum for divers looking for roommates.
We feel that roommates should be coordinated between members. Post your request for a roommates in the new thread.

Shore diving at the hotel is great, take your time and you'll be amazed at all the critters you can find.

The boats are a short walk across the street from the hotel or through the underground walkway.

We are in as soon as the phone line open! Thanks Dennis and Roxanne

Cancellation of the $100 deposit is nonrefundable, but the room and deposit may be transferred to another person until the final payment deadline on April 15...

After final payment the hotel/dive package is nonrefundable, but they can offer a credit toward future travel for cancellations made by May 15. Cancellations after May 15 are penalized 100% with no future credit.

You may have heard there's a pandemic going on which can occasionally affect people's plans. So why the crappy transfer policies? This is likely to be sold out, why not let scubaboarders transfer their spots right up to the end?
This is a Hotel policy and ScubaBoard has no control over that.

I know you recommend trip insurance, but good luck getting full coverage trip insurance without paying an exorbitant fee. Allowing folks to transfer their spots would go a long way towards reducing the need for this.
Trip insurance is always a personal choice and again we have no control over pricing.

Is the summer trip always over Father’s Day weekend? I have trying to attend one of these the last few years but I am in the restaurant business and can’t take off that weekend.

This event is always in June since it is ScubaBoards birthday month. The week is always based on getting enough space at the resort.

So if I'm reading the details correctly, if we did 2 morning dives off the boat and 2 self directed afternoon shore dives per day, for a total of 20 during the 5 day stay? I see the tank turn in deadline. I assume that's too early to expect to do night dives at all? Thanks.

Answer: You can do as many shore dives as you like. You just need to return the tanks by 8 pm... the dive shop is on the dock where shore diving is done. There will be night boat dives offered onsite from the dive shop. We just didn't get them in the package since not everyone wants to dive at night.

Back
Top Bottom