Scubaboard Dive on the Great Escape - Saturday, August 29, 2009.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Dave! :depressed:

Suxs I can't go with ya, BUT I will be planning to head out there next fall, so the guest room is MINE!

Y'all have fun and dive safe.

We will miss you and your oh so lovely smile! :hugs:

I'll have the guest room ready for your visit and arrangements to dive the oil platforms!

When are you coming back Carmen? Oct?

Yup, in 2010. Long time, but that's when I hear the viz is better and the water warmer. :wink:

We will miss you and your oh so lovely smile! :hugs:

I'll have the guest room ready for your visit and arrangements to dive the oil platforms!

:kiss2: You and Marian are the very best, Dave! I can't wait.

is there still a spot open? i tried calling but i guess they're already closed :p

crap. they called me back and i was able to book a spot. right when i was hanging up, i found out a friend passed and his funeral is on the same day. i was able to cancel the boat so it looks like i'll have to wait until the next scuba board trip.

Sorry to read about your friend..

Maybe next time :)

Sounds like an awesome trip. Fun times will be had by all. I'd love to go but I'm hoarding funds to go to FL in Nov. Dave, hope to get to dive with Marian again soon.

Carmen, keep me posted on your CA travel & dive plans. We'll make sure to gather up all the SoCal SBers to pee in the ocean to warm it up just before your dives...:rofl3::rofl3:. I will be in your area in Nov. I'll send you a PM with dates & details when plans are firmed up.

Elena

Oh rats! I sure wish you could join us Elena - you will be missed! Marian says Hi :wave:

A quick conditions update for you all for your upcoming AUG 29th trip to Catalina on the Great Escape;

We were out on the GE this past SAT and SUN. The water is above temperate with the warmest of the weekend recorded SUN on the backside of the island... a nice 65. It was getting cooler though at about 60'. Vis on the front West End was a decent 30, but SUN was an even better 30-40... which is nice for the backside. Some dove sans neoprene.

Saw some cool stuff on both days with the highlight for me being a 5' or so shovel nosed guitarfish being chased across Eagle's Nest by a harbor seal who couldn't decide to play with it or try to eat it. Another highlight was a 13" pink ab spotted deep inside a hole off Gull Rock.

Didn't find any current, but what little swell there was SAT almost disappeared the next day.

Cool....thanks for the report tleemay. The water temp has been very nice. Hope the VIS holds out. Laguna Beach has also had good VIS this last week.

Last edited:
Sounds like the viz was better on the backside Sun that the front. We were at Eagles Nest and it might have been 15-20 but still green. Did see the harbor seal though, looks like a youngin. Was warm though.

Back
Top Bottom