Scubaboard Dive on the Great Escape - Saturday, August 29, 2009.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few friends and I just signed up. Hoping to meet many of you on the boat!

I'm excited because this trip will be dives # 99-101 for me. And, no matter how warm the water is, I am NOT diving naked for my 100th dive. That would be cruelty to undersea animals.

Last edited:
OK folks, we are officially full! There may be a last minute cancellation but that would be it.
We are going to have one great time!

I'm in with my friend...she allowed as an OW certified diver or is some further certification required? Am I allowed in being I'm from NJ? :)
Anyone diving wet? I've got a 7mm fj that is pretty toasty.
Do I provide my own cylinders? Do we need 3 each? Y'all carry sling bottles?
Sorry for the questions, I don't know where else to go :( ...thanks!
Steve

OW is fine- thats all my son is too, trip isn't scheduled for advanced sites.

Bring 1 tank (filled) they will refill between dives.

Lot's of folks will be wet- 7mm is fine this time of year.

Sling bottle is up to you- some will have pony's (me), most won't.

Oh, and we stop folks from NJ at the borders.

I checked in with Joy at the Great Escape today around 4:30 and she said the boat was full and there is now a waiting list. Two friends of mine really wanted to go, but will be on the list.
Hey Dave, we should put together some sort of list who is going. Count me in, but only solo at this point. Looking at everyones dives logged, I'll be the only one on the boat with so few dives.

Whodunit68, the water temp has been very nice, high 60's. VIS has been varying, but Sunday it was very good, (subject to change),. They will fill to 3000psi on your tanks.
Don't forget to come hungry as they make a great omelete for breakfast and the snacks are pretty good during SI.:java:

Blue_Steal, thanks for the tips. AFter diving in caves for my trimix class with 3' of viz, I'm sure this will be splendid. As long as my friend enjoys, I'm sure I'll be fine.
I hope she got us signed up - the whole waiting list thing is making me nervous.
Signed,
Obsessed diver

I waited too long to sign up for this trip. If there are any last minute cancellations, I'd like to be put on the waitlist.

--Neil

I waited too long to sign up for this trip. If there are any last minute cancellations, I'd like to be put on the waitlist.

--Neil

Be sure and let the GE know you want to be on the wait list. Last trip we did get to pull 4 from the list. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom