Scubaboard bumper sticker-Kewalo Basin 6/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
yea, no BIO. Funny you should mention this, I have been wondering myself.

Okay, are you on Oahu? What is the big deal about just being who you really are? hey, are you the Scuba Hui?

I will check the photo... HEY!!! it's blank just like Dr. V's Bio.

Yep, an Oahu boy. No big deal other than I've been so irregular about diving for the last 8-10yrs and just can't commit like before. Unlike those earlier "ironman" days, I'm sure that my conditioning has now deteriorated to "bunny" dives -- superior judgement means not having to use superior skills.

No, not in any kind of hui. (What I know about "da Hui" is nearly all from surfer friends and what I've noticed over the years. I have the impression that their "uniform" was/is black shorts with a single vertical red stripe along each outside thigh seam. They're mostly "legit" now, doing respectable community service things and lending some security to surf meets, although a lot of that may have been taken over by the "Water Patrol" which is composed mostly of former lifeguards. One of the most respected North Shore lifeguard and legend, Mark Cunningham, is reputed to be a member of the da Hui but wasn't into busting heads like some of the others.)

Anyway, it does look like that pic got hosed. I'll see if I can re-post it later. Leesa might remember it tho'.

I don't know what DocV's about but he's kept it up for quite awhile. His business (shrug). Being a whale in a pond tho', it's amazing that he's kept the routine going for so long. But he seems like a neat guy. What little unconfirmed, 2nd-hand bits of his bio I do have are that he served with the 101st in Vietnam, he is a Ph.D (in psychology, I believe) and is/was an administrator in the SocSecAdmin in D.C.

One of the most respected North Shore lifeguard and legend, Mark Cunningham, is reputed to be a member of the da Hui but wasn't into busting heads like some of the others.)

okay, I "know" Mark. be right back with photo.

well....maybe not. He helped me with a jet ski tow in scuba for the reef survey at the kelly Slater Invitational on the Big Island. I rode the little sled. I got some course director pm's after that.

Hmmmm... The upload's still not working....I can't be that ugly....

yeah, the upload thing doesn't work right now....still working on the servers. you'll have to post it elsewhere and share the link...Sorry :(

DRATS! so close to knowing who phantom man is, well at least what he looks like, if we pass him in Costco. that is really all I care about....passing some legend in Costco and not being oblivious. otherwise Costco can be a little monotonous.

Blue, try photobucket...:blinking:

catherine96821:
DRATS! so close to knowing who phantom man is, well at least what he looks like, if we pass him in Costco.

Don't be too disappointed - if I'm remembering correctly, the photo he's talking about shows him face down looking into a tidepool. The only identifiers you have is the back of his rash guard and swim shorts.

The mystery of it all . . .

catherine96821:
see? he vanished.

Yeah, blended back into the unwashed masses... But it was hell trying to find a phonebooth to change outta the clown suit -- had to make-do with a port-a-potty :( .

But gads, was Shark's Cove and Three Tables crowded yesterday! It was totally nuts.

Back
Top Bottom