Scuba vs. Snorkeling Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Def agree with comment on rocks and coral. Go with open heel and get some good booties.

I'm slightly confused over the cramping legs issue. I've only ever gotten one cramp, fighting a current in my first 20 dives using a flutter (or maybe it was a bicycle?) kick. I've never gotten a cramp since. So, is the issue of cramping an age issue? Fitness issue? I can't really believe that everything is the equipments fault.

Today I have bought Tusa FF9 Split full foots (for snorkelling) and tried them in pool just two hours ago. LDS tells that they are snorkeling fin which are easy to use on surface and my comment;
they are just GREAT! :)) I'm so glad to have them; they are easy on surface and really VERY fast underwater and they don't tire of my legs as well:)
Snorkelling with scuba fins is a very hard work (I've tried using Quattros last August and my legs were crying after my useless test :D )

So in my opinion; scuba fins are designed stronger and stiffer for using underwater with all your (heavy) equipments also under demanding conditions (strong currents, emergency situations etc, etc..)
but snorkelling fins are more flexible and designed for just enjoying, looking around and swimming on surface without using your hands. (just my idea)

As my new split full foots; I can't tell anything about using them for scuba, but I'll try them in one month :)

shotthebreeze; what are your fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom