Scuba Tanks & Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I got some new tanks for my fiancee, I had them O2 cleaned. A year later, when vis was done, they had only been filled twice, both at the same shop with Nitrox, but they were no longer "O2 clean" without paying to clean them again at the annual.

The whole thing is kinda odd. I could have filled those tanks a hundred times from a dirty compressor somewhere, and the shop would have been happy to blend in them a week before vis expired (since they would have no way to know), or the tank could have only been filled by them one time when first cleaned, and would require a new clean at the annual. The whole O2 clean thing seems to rely too much on trust.

Anyway, there are local places to get banked 32 or 36, so I no longer keep the tanks O2 clean.

ADT does. They no longer have a full store front though.

Since you live in Monterey, just go to Aquarius on Del Monte and get your tanks filled from their bank system. Aquarius on Del Monte is one of the few shops I have ever been to that posts their air test certification on the wall.

Do you happen to rember what they charge for a 32% fill?

Guy just posted it was $9 a fill if purchased on a fill card. Otherwise I believe it is $10. There is also tax since oxygen is a tangible product.

I personally do not spend much time in Monterery. Although I hope to spend more time there than usual over the Christmas New Years holidays this year.

Guy just posted it was $9 a fill if purchased on a fill card. Otherwise I believe it is $10. There is also tax since oxygen is a tangible product.

I personally do not spend much time in Monterery. Although I hope to spend more time there than usual over the Christmas New Years holidays this year.

It's 8.50 on a fill card,

Seems Guy got it right. With the tax rate of 8.25%, (Per the web) on top of the $8.50 per fill on a 10 fill card the total OTD is $9.20.

32 mix is $8 with a card at Aquarius Del Monte.

BTW, checked the Nitrox price at Aquarius: as I thought, a 10-fill card for 32% pre-mix is $85, plus 7.25% sales tax (presumably that should be 8.25% now, after the 'emergency' tax hike this year). Either way, you're paying over $9/fill.

Guy

Really it is here nor there, but I am laughing at how sometimes things need to be so precise :rofl3: All in good fun! See you next time at Aquarius Chuck :)

No membrane system, so it is a tangible product.

The point is that Nitrox is a manufactured product, and therefore taxable. It doesn't matter how you make it; the point is that the supplier is creating a new product. By contrast, an air fill goes on the books as service, which thus far they haven't chosen to tax.

And by the way, I think Monterey's tax rate of 8.25% is about the lowest in the state.

Back
Top Bottom