scuba + surfing in Fiji - help me find a place!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minnesota01r6

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all, I am planning a honeymoon to Fiji in July. I would like to try out surfing as well as get a lot of great diving in. My wife and I are both (competent?) divers, and we would like to do some adventure dives and hopefully have a dive operation that caters to people using dive computers. I may be able to get a deal on Beqa Lagoon Resort, but I would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions/options.

One of our concerns is that my wife gets rather seasick. we enjoyed our trip to ambergris caye, belize because of the 3 minute boat ride to every local dive site. is this the same at beqa? Or, if you have another suggested place for us to stay, please keep this in mind.

Thanks for any input you can give!

Aloha,
There is a place on the island of Kadavu, Matana Beach Resort/aka Dive Kadavu.
Diving is good, if they haven't had a cyclone lately. If they have, the soft coral is destroyed. But more to the point, there is/was a surf resort just down the way from them! You should be able to find them on the web. Very nice folks and the adjacent local village is great too. Hopefully they can give you details on the surfing camp. Its been a few years since I was there, but back then they only had email once a day at best. For what its worth...

Kadavu is the place to go for both surfing and scuba diving. I'm also not familar with the surfing resort(s) but I know they are on the island somewhere. Dive Kadavu (Matana beach resort) is very nice. Just keep in mind that Kadavu is a bit colder in July than you might expect for Fiji since it's so far south.

It wasn't clear from your post whether you already surf or not. However, Fiji has two world class surf breaks on the island of Tavarua named Cloudbreak and Restaurant's. Both breaks are very long hollow lefts that dump over sharp, shallow coral reef. They are considered advanced spots. Tavarua has a 5 star resort on it and is the host site of the Globe WCT Fiji Pro surfing event, held every year in late May. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom