Scuba Sciences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still wish you the best of luck... I find it hard to believe that you gain experiences from internet dive stores.. or knowledge from buying gear from reviews that are paid for by manufactures. I understand your position.. I just don't agree, With LDS you can rent equipment, find out what others have said, or experienced. If you are visiting an area, try finding that local diving spot with true condition reports. How do you meet make new dive friends? Remember over the internet I can tell you that I have a thousand dives.. when I haven't even been in a pool yet! However I study on the internet, I can make it sound pretty good.. Or until I have a problem, and hope that my new found friend can help me out.. Yep the internet is a great source for information. I have seen gear bought from wholesale stores, and bought from internet stores.. I seen when a manufacture refused to honor there warranty due to the sale being from the internet.. and I seen equipment that would never meet minimum safety standards.. Yep I wish you the best of luck! and Merry Christmas!:crafty:

I am sorry to here you and your family had such a bad experience with a "Local Dive store". I personally have had great diving trip and learned a lot from there staff. After reading all of the post, I find it hard to believe that the staff had any decision on how or when that business closed. I have friends who did work there, and they were as surprised that this happen. Who knows what the future of our sport holds, But with that type of thinking, PLEASE let me know that you got YOUR training and equipment from the internet!

If you don't support your local dive store, then Don't expect your local dive store to support you![/QUOTE

My original classes were in college. This was two future divers first experience with scuba. Thankfully they still freedive with me and are still optimistic about scuba.

What does that mean?? Is that something more than a simple exchange of my money for their goods and services?

awap, in our tiny little burg, a long, long way from Phoenix, we have one dive shop. I pretty much try to get as much as I can through him. It's a struggling operation, and he'd have gone out of business if he could have gotten out of his lease. What I contribute isn't much, but every bit helps.

If you don't support your local dive store, then Don't expect your local dive store to support you!

Actually that should read, If your local dive shop doesn't support you, take your money to a different dive shop. Customers can only give a shop an opportunity to give them good service and products, after that the burden is all on the shop.

Actually that should read, If your local dive shop doesn't support you, take your money to a different dive shop. Customers can only give a shop an opportunity to give them good service and products, after that the burden is all on the shop.

I agree, I don't feel any obligation to support a LDS (or any business) strictly because it is local. I am willing to pay a bit more for things when good service comes with it, but without it, I am going to save a few bucks online.

The core of SCUBA Sciences, the employees have their shop finished and will have the grand opening on 09/22/2012. SCUBA Pros of Arizona located on Olive and the 101.

The core of SCUBA Sciences, the employees have their shop finished and will have the grand opening on 09/22/2012. SCUBA Pros of Arizona located on Olive and the 101.

ah.... you're one of the Scuba Sciences employees that joined SB in one of the last Scuba Sciences thread.

when the guys regulator fell off, during a dive, after servicing. You said "he should have checked his gear first.

I think I'll "pass" on your new store.... just saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom