Scuba Sciences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a sad day for me to hear about Paul, Tina, And Paul A. They are the best at what they do. Never have I been to a shop where they cared for the people like they do. I hope they get a place of their own soon.

Is there another Zeagle dealer in town? besides All Wet (I'm in Peoria)
Most listed on the Zeagle site seem to be Pinnacle dealers.

Last edited:
Email received today.

Dear J----,

After 40 incredible years of being Arizona's number 1 dive facility, the President of Scuba Sciences has decided to call it quits. On behalf of all of the staff of Scuba Sciences, we would like to THANK YOU for all of the support and loyalty from you - our customers!

As of Monday, April 18 Scuba Sciences is no longer in business. We are trying to find new owners to re-open at the Metro location (8502 N Black Canyon Highway) as soon as possible.

If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in purchasing Scuba Sciences please contact Paul at scubapro5000@yahoo.com or 623-466-5841.

If you have repair or special order items in either location, please stop by the store closest to you to get the phone number to retrieve your items. Please understand neither myself nor the staff have access to either Scuba Sciences' property, records or inventory.

This will be our last e-newsletter until we have re-opened.

Thank you again for all of your support, we will keep you updated on the re-opening at the Social Get Togethers at Fuddrucker's each month.

Thanks for the great memories!

Paul Wagenseller
Former General Manger of Scuba Sciences, Inc.

Tina Lowe
Former Manager / Office Manager of Scuba Sciences, Inc.
scubatina22@yahoo.com (new email address)

We drove by the I-17 store (on the freeway) yesterday morning and there was a tractor/trailer in the parking lot - it appeared they were loading something. No idea what as we didn't stop.

A couple of my buddies just paid to get certified from Scuba Sciences, were in the middle of the course, had prepayed $700 each (in additional to course costs) for an open water dive trip and then BOOM - Out of business - no warning, no refunds, no way to get money back - and most frustrating of all- They went through a course but were unable to complete and now they aren't certified.

Fortunately I was taking classes from a different shop that is closer to my work, but doing business like this puts a bad reflection on the the "scuba courses" for beginners that are already nervous about getting certified and getting involved in a new recreational activity.

This is also why I pay for everything with a credit card so that you ultimately always have some recourse.

Anyways- sorry for the first post to be so negative. I am looking forward to completing certification and pursuing a lifelong enjoyment of Scuba.

A couple of my buddies just paid to get certified from Scuba Sciences, were in the middle of the course, had prepayed $700 each (in additional to course costs) for an open water dive trip and then BOOM - Out of business - no warning, no refunds, no way to get money back - and most frustrating of all- They went through a course but were unable to complete and now they aren't certified.

They are lucky they just lost $700 bucks.

I mean they could have gotten their regulator repaired there and had the 2nd stage fall off during a dive and almost died....

Dlarruso, have your friends contact other instructors in their agency in the area. Since they have done some of the work, maybe they could talk to the instructors about meeting someway in the middle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom