Scuba Sciences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are lucky they just lost $700 bucks.

I mean they could have gotten their regulator repaired there and had the 2nd stage fall off during a dive and almost died....

"lucky to lose just 700 bucks?"

I dont know about you but the rest of us have to work for our money.

I remember SS as a great operation and enjoyed diving with them. I hope they refund the money or refer to an instructor and trip operator to give the unfinished divers what they paid for. Anything else would be wrong in my book.

A couple of my buddies just paid to get certified from Scuba Sciences, were in the middle of the course, had prepayed $700 each (in additional to course costs) for an open water dive trip and then BOOM - Out of business - no warning, no refunds, no way to get money back...

If they paid via credit card they have a great opertunity to get money back. Contact the credit card company and claim a "services not rendered" claim. I have seen it work with airlines that have folded and people who bought ticket with the credit card got a refund. Others, they were just out.

My brother and father both were waiting on SS to finalize their OW and all our Nitrox (Safe-air) certification, but because we all refused to spend even more $$ to take one of their Cali trips and opted to have checkout dive at lake pleasent they kept telling us to wait for the lake to clear and what do you know we get a email 16 DAYS after they had closed their doors informing us to that fact. My family and I have sent several emails to these people looking for options or to revive our files and not one responce. I personaly spent over $1,200.00 at this "LOCAL DIVE SHOP" and my family spent a good amount too. I will never support another Local shop again.

My brother and father both were waiting on SS to finalize their OW and all our Nitrox (Safe-air) certification, but because we all refused to spend even more $$ to take one of their Cali trips and opted to have checkout dive at lake pleasent they kept telling us to wait for the lake to clear and what do you know we get a email 16 DAYS after they had closed their doors informing us to that fact. My family and I have sent several emails to these people looking for options or to revive our files and not one responce. I personaly spent over $1,200.00 at this "LOCAL DIVE SHOP" and my family spent a good amount too. I will never support another Local shop again.

You haven't posted since August 2010, and you dug up a six month post to reply to?

You must be having an interesting time getting refunded for the cost of your course.....

So a dive shop can survive on air fills? It's called Sports Chalet! It's funny I actually get a response from the online stores and have not had even one bad order/experience.

I am sorry to here you and your family had such a bad experience with a "Local Dive store". I personally have had great diving trip and learned a lot from there staff. After reading all of the post, I find it hard to believe that the staff had any decision on how or when that business closed. I have friends who did work there, and they were as surprised that this happen. Who knows what the future of our sport holds, But with that type of thinking, PLEASE let me know that you got YOUR training and equipment from the internet!

If you don't support your local dive store, then Don't expect your local dive store to support you!

Reactions: Jax
If you don't support your local dive store, then Don't expect your local dive store to support you!

What does that mean?? Is that something more than a simple exchange of my money for their goods and services?

Back
Top Bottom