Scuba Pro second stages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown:
Just found a "NEW" never dove balanced adustable Mk 20 Combo one of the last made with brushed crome cover..SWEET!!!! getting in overhauled bought from a Chicken farmer unreal

I really like my balanced adjustable, but I need to get a better mouthpiece on it. Right now there's a SP mouthpiece, but it's not the current one. Because these metal stages really are heavier, I guess the mouthpiece is all the more important for comfort. I'd like to get a seacure on mine, or at least the current SP "comfo-bite" but it's a very different shape lip on the reg than the modern ones. Maybe softening the seacure in the area where it fits on the reg, then zip-tie it on before it hardens?

hex92:
If that price is for a new regulator BUY TWO. That is waaaay below MSRP.

It is the price for a new one. But the Mk25/ S600 combo is $365 New from my LDS

What is the MSRP on that one?

I was going to wate for a sale and get the extra 10% off

Something's up with those prices. Leisurepro says $390 for the MK25/G250hp and $425 for the MK25/S600. Sounds a little too good to be true from an authorized dealer.

Edit; I just noticed you're in japan, maybe that has something to do with the pricing, but I would wonder why?

DTB1981:
The scuba diving chicken farmer?

That's right he was selling eggs, Chicks and this Balanced adjustable Brand New go Figure

The guys where I took it in even tried to buy it from me FAT CHANCE

MSRP for the G250 with MK 25 is $552

the S600 is about $100 more

vbcoachchris:
MSRP for the G250 with MK 25 is $552

the S600 is about $100 more

I was wrong on the price for the 600 combo it was $345. The shop is an authorized dealer and the G25 was $305

I am in the military and it is at the base dive shop the add very little to the prices and there is no tax

I use a Mk25/S600 and I am more than happy with it. I have not had any free flow probs in cold water, been down to 7 degrees centigarde and no probs.

Breathes great at depth too, no probs at 40m and I have taken it to 65m with no real breathing resistance.

Its a great reg :)

DTB1981:
I was wrong on the price for the 600 combo it was $345. The shop is an authorized dealer and the G25 was $305

I am in the military and it is at the base dive shop the add very little to the prices and there is no tax
SP's dealer agreement has pretty strict requirements for US dealers who can discount no more than 10% below the MSRP. I would guess that buying something at the PX/BX on a US base would qualify for the warranty just like a US sale and that SP may be doing servicemen a big favor by letting the price restrictions slide, but check with the shop to make sure that a warranty card will be honored once you return stateside.

DA Aquamaster:
That's ok Dan, you can buy the old G250's and I'll corner the market on D400's and Balanced Adjustables.

The G250 was essentially the older metal cased Balanced Adjustable reincarnated in a plastic case. The diaphragm and internal parts are identical. You don't have the adjustable flow vane on the Balanced Adjustable but the breathing performance is otherwise identical, and if you dive a G250 with the flow vane somewhere in the middle, performance is identical to a Balanced Adjustable.

A Mk 10 or Mk 10 Plus is still an excellent first stage that will handle any demands a diver can place on it and deliver excellent ease of breathing when paired with a Balanced Adjustable, G250 or D400 second stage.

I just got a great deal on a MK25/G250HP and it performes very well. However, I had a MK15/D400 that I just sold on ebay prior to trying out my new reg. This turned out to be a mistake because I honestly feel the MK15/D400 performed better than my new setup. I can see why DA Aquamaster is so fond of the D400 :dance:

If I find a good deal on a D400 first stage, I will deffinitley purchase it to use it as my primary while the G250HP gets bumped to octo. I'm a D400 believer.

Back
Top Bottom