Scuba Pro MK 20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nauifins73

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently saw an article that some NOAA divers found a crack in the 1st stage of their Scuba Pro MK20s.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? My family has 5 SP regulators and 4 of them are the MK20s.

Becky

I have not heard anything from SP and there are no service bulletins regarding this.

I do know that over torquing the yoke retainer is an endemic problem with some techs who either can't seem to operate a torque wrech or don't want to take the time. I am not sure exactly where the cracks are located in that area of the first stage body, but my thought is that over torquing the yoke nut could be a possible cause.

I have a pair of Mk 20's, a Mk 15 and a Mk 25. My Mk 20's have seen a lot of dives (100-130 per year) and get serviced twice a year and I have not had any problems with cracks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom