Scuba Pro Jet Fins - Leisurepro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrk

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that Leisurepro sells the actuall SP Jet, or a knock off? A friend of mine just got some from LP, and they seem very soft and subtl. I bought mine from a LDS carrying SP. Maybe mine are just older and have become a little stiffer.

Randy

Very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Mine sure seem like real jets to me. Actually replaced them with slipstreams because the pockets are too stiff. Both pairs purchased at LP.

man I use to think LeisurePro was the best thing since sliced bread, but the more I read on them, the more I get nervous...

If it is the Scubapro Jet Fin, it is gray market. There are only a few Scubapro items that can be sold online, and Jet Fins are not one of them. Our retail shop carries Scubapro Jet Fins, but we cannot sell them online. If you want a pair, I recommend you go to your local Scubapro dealer.

They get the same equipment that the dealers get, the manufacturer just turns a blind eye as to where they get it. You can imagine the quantity discount they get. You won't get the manufacturers warranty with the fins:D

Igodeep:
If it is the Scubapro Jet Fin, it is gray market. There are only a few Scubapro items that can be sold online, and Jet Fins are not one of them. Our retail shop carries Scubapro Jet Fins, but we cannot sell them online. If you want a pair, I recommend you go to your local Scubapro dealer.
Yeah, you wouldn't want gray market fins, would you? I mean, they're life support equipment, right? What if they malfunction and all you have is a store warranty, then what?

Igodeep:

What he said is they are the real thing. But they are being sold outside of Scubapro USA's controlled distribution network. I understand the arguement for the authorized dealers for regulator (don't necessarily agree but understand). I really don't understand why anyone would pay MSRP for gear like mask, fins, & snorkle rather than pay half that price at LP.

vladimir:
Yeah, you wouldn't want gray market fins, would you? I mean, they're life support equipment, right? What if they malfunction and all you have is a store warranty, then what?

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom