Scuba Pro Jet Fins - Leisurepro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warning do not wear your fins in the water(pool) to try them out. LP will refuse a return/refund. I am adding a quote from my own post from yesterday regarding this issue.
Quote:I am lucky that I live in an area that the LDS are competitive to on line retailers. Over the past several months I have picked up a 5mm wet suit, mask, and BCD all very competitive to on line prices (a little higher but tolerable). I had some problems with the BCD and the LDS made it work through a change with the manufacturer. Recently I tried a pair of new fins from a LDS, tested them in the pool, didn't like them and returned them to the LDS. No problem, full refund. As they didn't stock the alternative I wanted to try, I decided to order from LP, who did have them in stock. I tried them in a pool for about 20 minutes and realized they were just too small. I repacked them in the all of the original packing and sent them back to LP. LP declined to refund. I had failed to read their return policy regarding water use of any product and the fact that such use nullifies a return/refund. As there were water spots on the fins, it made them impossible to sell as new anymore. I thought they were joking. It is my fault not to be more careful, but I thought their reasoning ridiculous as it regarded a pair of fins and not a gauge, reg or bc. In spite of impassioned emails they were intractable. They did pay the return freight for the fins. I have the water spotted fins as a reminder to be more careful. I am glad it didn't involve a return of something more costly.

In most retail industries, there is a no return policy on used products. So for a shop (online or local) to enforce one is really no surprise. Especially when their policy is outlined in the invoice slip. Lesson learned and hopefully next time you'll be more careful.

As to LP, I've ordered from them in the past and haven't had a problem. I'm not going to pay more than I have to for something. Just like the majority of other families, my dollar is tight and I'd like to get the most bang for the buck. Fins are something that there shouldn't be any real problem with...so there's no harm as far as service or repair issues that could only be handled through an LDS.

Shane

kneptoon:
Warning do not wear your fins in the water(pool) to try them out. LP will refuse a return/refund.
LeisurePro:
Inspect the equipment when it arrives, and if you're not fully satisfied you can return it for a full refund (less the shipping charge), as long as you haven't used it.

Their policy clearly states that you can return something as long as you haven't used it.

You used the fins.

They refused your return, in accordance with the above state policy.

I don't see why you're complaining.

Ebay them!

Mine Jets from LP look and feel exactly like my buddies.

Oh no, another gray market thread. It took me a month to get over the last GMT. Had to get a viz & hydro before I could go in the LDS without a disguise.
How small is too small? I wear a md

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom