Scuba Pro Jet Fins - Leisurepro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipwd:
You know, I thought the same but I've been watching ebay for a couple of months now and it is very rare that a pair of used (and sometimes questionable quality) jet fins go for less than you would pay for a brand new pair at LP. I may just have to break down and go the LP route.

FWIW I have already purchased many items at LP and never had any issues......yet.
Got mine for $20 on ebay, springs also cost me more than the fins.

jsmharley:
Why would it matter if fins were gray market or not. will they all the sudden stop propelling you thru the water? :shakehead
Oh darn, I wanted black ones, now you are saying the ones from LP are grey! :confused:Mine were shipped from LP today so will find out this week.

shark.byte.usa:
Got mine for $20 on ebay, springs also cost me more than the fins.

Sigh. I must have bad timing.

I have been watching several pairs at different times over the past couple of months and I have yet to see any go for less than $40. Add in shipping and you get pretty close to that $60-ish for brand new ones at LP.

Must be all those darn SBers buying them all up!!!

How long ago did you get yours on ebay?

I guess I'll just have to keep looking........

:rofl3:I recieved them, they are BLACK and not grey,:rofl3:

They look just like my old ones that I purchased from ScubaPro shop. They have patent numbers in the rubber. The straps are a little shorter, however I think ScubaPro did this.

jrk:
Can anyone confirm that Leisurepro sells the actuall SP Jet, or a knock off? A friend of mine just got some from LP, and they seem very soft and subtl. I bought mine from a LDS carrying SP. Maybe mine are just older and have become a little stiffer.

Randy

yes, they sell the real thing. I have two pair.

Thanks everyone...I could care less where they come from...Just wanted to know if they where the real deal or a mock up.

Randy

Mine are still on ebay....ending in a few hours:)

Got Mine from LP they are real had my LDS install springs straps on them. That cost me more than the fins

Charles R:
Got Mine from LP they are real had my LDS install springs straps on them. That cost me more than the fins
That's a shame. You shouldn't pay more than $30-40 for spring straps. So unless you got a heck of a deal on your fins, you were really ripped off on your spring straps.

Tavi:
Save even more!!

e-bay
I watched three pair, one 20 years old sell for more than new ones from LP or ST...
The mfgs are going to have to wake up and deal with reality and start competing with the online dealers. Same stuff and YES it is covered by the dealer or the seller for half of what the LDS sell it for...I just got a reg from my shop at under what they paid, yes, i checked, it was a bonus and it was still a few bucks more than online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom