Scuba Pro Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was debating on getting some slippers instead of boots. I just don't care for the zippers on the boots they seem to try to come undone. I will be in warm water with a shorty or jacket on. Will the low cut boot/slippers work good? any brands?

I still prefer the higher "full" boots, as fin straps can sometimes roll up/off the shorter boots and dig into your heel. Plus, tall boots can be used if/when you DO dive in water that's a touch colder with full wetsuit. (Note: warm water isn't always as warm as you'd think.)

Give the Henderson Hyperstretch "No-Zip" Boot a try. Has a very good sole for support on uneven entries, rocky bottoms, etc. Comes in 3mm/5mm/7mm versions.

hb30n.jpg

Not only is there the benefit of "no zipper" that you seek (not coming unzipped) but this boot is more comfortable than zippered boots, as there's no need for folds/gussets/etc to accommodate a zipper.

Pretty sure my LDS (www.DiveSeekers.com) has them in stock though they are not listed on their website. Give them a call on Monday (currently closed for the Holidays) and ask for Wayne or Jason - tell them I sent you and they'll hook you up!

I recently switched to SP's molded boot which I like alot. I have had no issue with the zipper. Of course you must always place the zipper tag in the downward position in order to lock-in...

MOLDED SOLE BOOTS - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

P.S. The Henderson boot above looks good as well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom