Scuba Max knife problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joed

Reaction score
I bought the Scuba Max KN100 knife at my local dive shop. Cost was 35.00. I liked it because it fit on my BCD webbing. Cool look. My first time out with it I lost it, I was bottom diving in the mud and I got wrapped up in the flag rope so maybe it was my fault. I called Scuba Max and complained the sheath is of a faulty design and they convinced me it was my fault. They suggested I did not push the knife completely into the sheath. OK, I bought another one. I had a problem with my BC and I was on the surface banging around on the rocks and the knife fell out again. I emailed Scuba Max and told then I have lost 2 of their knives on the 1st or 2nd journey out, and I am sure the sheath design is faulty. I have not heard from them and I don't expect to. I told them I would send them 2 empty, brand new sheaths if they did not believe me. I would like some from of compensation and I would like them to fix the design. Has anyone else had a problem with this knife? A knife is a very important tool in the underwater environment and I don't think cheap sheath design should be legal. I am not saying that Scuba Max is a bad company I just want to know if anyone else had this problem.

That sucks that you lost two expensive knives. After reading so many reports here about stuff winding up at the bottom of the ocean, I made my own dive knife. Go to your nearest thrift store and find their kitchen knives. Find 2 or 3 sharp serrarated blade knives (think I paid $1 for 3), make a sheath from folded webbing. Or you can buy a sheath here-

http://deepseasupply.com/page17.html

And use it with replacement knives. If it's made right you shouldn't lose the knife, but if you do your out about $0.30.

Good Diving!

Jake

Most sheaths will not hold knives securely. I've lost a bunch of knives, luckily I've found even more.

Back
Top Bottom