Scuba Lodge In Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone ever stayed at the Scuba Lodge in Curacao? We are looking for a smaller with a more personal touch. I would like to be close to the water with a nice house reef. Unlimited shore diving with a few boat dives would be our plan.

The website says there are a lot of resteruants and bars close by. I like to go exploring so we will probably get a car.

Any Car rental reccomendations on Curcacao? or who to stay away from?

Thanks all

Haven't stayed there myself, but a friend of mine did. He was very happy, especially with the owner. She really wanted to please everybody and worked like crazy (which can be a genuine exception on Caribbean islands) :wink:

The cool thing about the scuba lodge is that it's almost smack in the middle of town so restaurants and bars are close by. The only downside to this would be that if you have a room near the front of the building you hear more than the breeze and the water. Try out "Mundo Bizarro" for dinner, the food is good and the design of the place is very creative (bizar).

The Scuba Lodge is also right at the water (50 ft from the back door? ) and the house reef is pretty good. Ask for Klaartje/Maartje (not sure now) if you need an instructor or guided dive. I think she only works in the weekends but she knows the island like the back of her hand.

A good car rental company is Thrifty. It's a local outfit but they are one of the very few who also let you rent a car by day (no three day minimum). The prices are reasonable as well and they have a pickup/dropoff point at the airport.

Carib Traveler, thanks for the info.

We stayed there in late October of 2008. wonderful boutique hotel. Right in downtown, great owners (Harold and Caroline) small,clean, and well maintained. I would definitly recommend staying there. They and their staff are multi-linguil go getters, who really strive to make you have the most pleasant of stays. Now there are a couple of minor drawbacks, they are a small dive operation just right now, but they can either guide you, or show you how to get to all the best dive spots, set you up with gear, and send you on your way. They do not have an onsite compressor as yet, so every morning (real early) they load all the empty tanks and take them to a place and have then filled, this led to a 1/2 hour delay one day of diving (big whoop).
The place is located right near some excellant restaurants, and all the staff can make recommedations and reservations for you. The neighborhood is gentrifiing, and some of the nearby buildings are in need of repair, or are undergoiing repair, but the Scubalodge is wonderful and better than alot of the bigger chains, and I think a far better value than most of the old established mainstays on the island. Of all the place I have stayed in the Caribbean in the last decade, Scubalodge has been among the very best.

Do they still operate? I sent them an email over one week ago through the contact form on their website and didn't get any response.

Do they still operate? I sent them an email over one week ago through the contact form on their website and didn't get any response.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with internet connection on the island because i sent an email to Limestone Resort several days ago and have yet to hear back also.

You might want to check you Junk mail folder when they responded to me the subject was "Nieuwe reactie" which I think my filter thought was spam.

Hi Stiwi

I don't know why it is not working for you so I just gave them a call. The phone was picked up by the owner and he confirms that everything is fine and that he is responding to received mails in a matter of hours. Apparently he didn't get your mail (he receives many mails per day, so the form is working) and SMS is not always working from abroad.
There is contact information under the contact form on their website. You could give them a call or send ae e-mail to their e-mail address that is mentioned there. If it is still not working please send me a private mail with the information that you requested and I will try to relay.

Hi 1 T sub mariner

No idea, try Limestone Holiday Appartment, great location, relxaing and close to all restaurants. There is no needs for boats in Curacao unless you want to go to Klein Curacao, a little island off the coast of Curacao (very nice). You can book this through any dive center.

For diving for the last three years I have a great time diving with Silent Immersion.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom