Scuba Goop & Trident U Mark It Paint Gear Paint are same item

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They blocked you from posting about Scuba Goop, I can't imagine why they would do that

But posted on this thread that they would never do that, Dennis, and that it must have been some glitch.

My review was not offensive in any way, it simply mentioned that this was a relabeled tube of Scribbles 3-D Paint, with the original label still under the goop label. It was very positive about the product and stated the convenience of ordering online might be worth the extra money if you don't want to make the trip to the crafts store in town.

so when it comes time to buy a $6 bottle of ScubaGoop, I will gladly NOT drive an extra 30 miles to save $4.

Great post. Thanks Steve.

I've been saying all along that it may well be worth the extra few bucks for convenience -- that recurrent theme has been ignored by almost everyone -- but if you happen to be going by the crafts store, it might be nice to know you can walk in there and buy the exact same darn thing ("specially formulated for marking scuba gear") for about a dollar, without the shipping charges. In my case, Jo Ann Fabrics was next door to Home Dept, and I go to Home Depot a lot.

Correction Dan......he started FIVE (5) threads on this very topic.

Edit......Mike stated this fact before me.

I've apologized about the multiple threads as a newbie mistake and thanked the moderator for cleaning up my mistake. At least twice. Maybe more.

I've apologized about the multiple threads as a newbie mistake and thanked the moderator for cleaning up my mistake. At least twice. Maybe more.

Accepted. The post you quoted is very old so let's call it a :thumb:

1) The wholesale cost of the Scribbles 3D paint is $0.76 per bottle. Only case quantities are allowed, and each color comes in a master case of 96 bottles. To stock the minimum 4 colors that customers demand, and to meet the minimum order requirement of $1,000, I would need to order 14 cases, or 1,344 bottles. Of course, shipping from Fresno would also be added.

2) Now, for the label issue. The product comes labeled with the Scribbles 3D paint label ... To have a reasonable expectation of offering the product to the targeted scuba industry, re-branding and relabeling would be necessary.

3) Consumer product liability coverage ... is REQUIRED to brand and market a product and my specific general liability insurance policy SPECIFICALLY precludes "branding" or "manufacture" of products without the product liability rider. Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

1) When I bought it, it was available in one color: white.

2) Do you really think scuba divers are so stupid they would not buy a product called "Scribbles 3-D Paint" just because the word "scuba" is not in the name? If it was explained and demonstrated to them that it is great for marking scuba gear? Heck, scuba.com has videos for almost everything they sell. They could show how well it works.

3) None of that would be necessary if you did not rebrand the product, which you do not need to do unless you think all divers are remarkable dumbasses.

In the end, you have a 76-cent product selling for six bucks plus shipping.

Last edited:
The current distributor packaged this little bottle in a nice clam-shell heat activated package with a full color description card for proper display. [/url]

No clamshell or display necessary. For the umpteenth time, we are not talking LDSs but large online retailers. My goop came in the mail with no "clamshell."

As for a minimum order, I do not think $1,000 is a huge sum to a big international online retailer. I mean, I may just be a guy flipping burgers who can't afford scuba, according to several posts, but I'm pretty sure they can handle $1,000.

Accepted. The post you quoted is very old so let's call it a :thumb:

Didn't know it was old Steve ... sorry ... thought it was harping ... The thread is all mixed up now.

The fact that an entire spinoff thread has been generated about idoc's penis makes me wonder why people have attacked me over posting about something trivial .... :)

The fact that an entire spinoff thread has been generated about idoc's penis makes me wonder why people have attacked me over posting about something trivial .... :)

Yeah well when you put it that way :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom