scuba gear - carry on or check-in ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ralph,

I forgot about that story......seems funny now, although I'm sure you were less than pleased at the time. It still seems unbelieveable -- there are so many items in carryon baggage that are potentially dangerous or that could be used for crude weapons. It seems inconsistent that they single out scuba gear.

I flew American to Bermuda out of Logan in July and as my bag went through the X-Ray machine, the guy said, "Ah, a scuba diver!" They didn't seem to care.

BTW -- rather than purchase a separate reg bag for my trip, I used the soft sided briefcase I just bought that I use for business travel. It has a padded compartment for my laptop -- perfect for protecting my reg and wrist-mount Vyper.

Hey, Gaucho,

Down in Argentina, where the Gauchos roam happy and free, they use "bolos" the same way American cowboys use lassos. They are a sort of tripod of rope with wts on the ends that whirl through the air and wrap around cattles' feet when they hit. So, what I meant--in my obtuse way--was that you scored a hit!

And my reference to Iguana Don was in regard to how you start threads--with some nice stories--but a little zany! And, you may consider that a compliment!

And I need to work on my facial expressions when I send e-mails!

Joewr

Joewr-- Im happy to see a distinguished CA investor so knowledgable about "tradiciones Gauchescas". When was the last time you spend some time in Argentina? (I hear Puerto Madryn is a great place to dive with the whales - its bloody cold but the views are great).

And, while I know you call them 'bolos', you should still call them (please) "boleadoras"..... LOL :D

Senor Gaucho,

No he viajado a La Argentina--ni una vez. Pero he leido mucho de este lugar. Seguro que usted puede decir or escribir lo que quire. No me importa! Casi........

Pienso que usted ha vivido en La Argentina. Verdad? Ha buceado alli?

Vaya con Dios,

Josewr

Back
Top Bottom