Scuba Fill Bank Tanks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdvaughn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey,
I am wondering how big the average scuba fill bank tanks are. I used to know and cant think of it off the top of my head. They are usually about 5 ft tall or so and run anywhere from 3-5k psi. If anyone knows where I can get some of these for cheap that would be good. I just need to know the tech specs of them so that I can look for them. Any help?

You might do a search on "cascade" for more information.

Roak

jdvaughn:
Hey,
I am wondering how big the average scuba fill bank tanks are. I used to know and cant think of it off the top of my head. They are usually about 5 ft tall or so and run anywhere from 3-5k psi. If anyone knows where I can get some of these for cheap that would be good. I just need to know the tech specs of them so that I can look for them. Any help?

Bank tanks can be of various pressures, typically from 2400 to 6000

Big banks often consist of several smaller banks of different pressures. Some volume at ~2400, some at 3600, some at 4500, maybe a little at 6000.

Most filling occurs below 3600, even below 2400, so running your compressor consistently up to 4500, or 6000 will wear it out.

If I had a smaller compressor, say 5 cfm of less, I'd first consider the 3600's as a middle ground. Get three bottles, fill two to ~2400 and fill one to ~3600.

Later if you chose to add bottles you can build up the low end with fairly cheap 2400's and maybe add a 4500 if you can or want to pump that high.

Cascade bottles will hold their value better than your compressor.

Air Cascade is the term to google.

Good luck,

Tobin

Dive Right In Scuba:
How many do you need? What type of compressor do you have(size)...or do you need one of those as well?

I think he just needs a spec. info. for the reference... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom