SCUBA equipment charge on USA 3000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had Continental and American open and/or x-ray my bags right to the side of the check in counter, as the clerk was finishing my documentation. I did state that it was TSA, but have had the counter people watch them while they are doing it. This was out of MCI.

Like I said...not trying to be arguementative. No reason to get worked up over it. I was just reporting my experience. I don't travel that much. I rarely leave the island.

Last edited:
I'm certainly not worked up. Just haven't seen it happen. Sounds like it did in MCI huh.

I'm sure you take the valve out, Right?
Sure. Otherwise TSA will keep it, etc. I tape over the neck with wide electrical tape that will not leave a residue, both ends doubled back to make it easy to pull up and look.

all airlines have a statement about scuba gear.... what they mean is scuba tanks, rebreathers, etc. They are not referring to BCs, fins, masks which thousands of divers travel with in bags every day of the week. I have never heard of anyone getting "charged" for dive gear, although this gets brought up here on SB at least once every 6 months.

:D

This needs repeated. It seems nobody has bothered reading this reply or can't comprehend it's truth.

I travel out of the USA several times each year and nobody questions what's in my scuba bag---and it looks like a scuba bag. They do sometimes check my carry-on after going thru the xray machine. Seems they can't tell the difference between a dive computer and a bomb timer---or my underwater video gear for that matter.

This needs repeated. It seems nobody has bothered reading this reply or can't comprehend it's truth.
:confused: Uh, what gave you that impression? Sure some of us read it. I think we just agreed with her in our own ways. Of course she is right.

Ok, Robin: Here's your medial. :medal:
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom