scuba diving with go pro... what is the best way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi guys, registered just to post this.

i used the original baseplate that came with the packaging. I bought a Hero Naked so it came with barely any parts.

I trimmed down the baseplate with a table saw and sanded the edges with a sanding belt. then i drilled pilot holes and used a jigsaw to cut out the slits. then i slid in two pieces of velcro, each facing different directions, and cut the lengths so that itd be appropriate for both a watch or in my fist.

am leaving for thailand tomorrow! hope to see some fishies ^_^

enjoy!

photo1-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

that is a nice modified wrist mount...

The main kit, which is the camera tray and flex arm, is $33. To make up the other half, you can either get a 2nd kit, or the individual parts. The flashlight mounts are $7 each. So everything runs about $60 to $75. Intova also has another mount, but it doesn't have flex arms.

good stuff man..
i also trying to do some DIY stuff to mount the gopro side by side to my still camera and then with one or two lights... i just been bad trying to find parts ... esp as cheap as you mention... :D

OR

I thinking of getting a inon sytem for my still and then mount the go pro on the hot shoe of the still camera housing...

i firmly believe that the the gopro need to have good light underwater ( of course with the lens fix)

I have the lens fix, though the last video I shot I forgot that the replacement lens will show at 720p, so the edge of it is in the shot. I'm going to give the full mount w/ lights a first run this weekend. I'm going to get the bacpac lcd for it next week.

Like you've heard from other posts, headmount can really get obscured with bubbles. I'm still working on my technique, but starting off with the camera tied around my wrist with the helmet mount straps and then slipping it off to handhold and point at what I want to video has given some good results. It also allows you to easily turn it around for including yourself or your dive buddy in the video. :cool2:

I also highly recommend the Flat Lens port replacement. I just installed it for my trip to Key West, here's a sample of the video I took on the USS Vandenberg:

YouTube - Diving the Vandenberg in Key West

versus, the soft focus you'll see on the video I shot just a few months prior in Curacao:

YouTube - Curacao Alice in Wonderland Reef

E.

good stuff... i leaning to create a wrist mount as shown above...

but i still have to make the camera rig that can put my still cam and gopro together...

good stuff... i leaning to create a wrist mount as shown above...

but i still have to make the camera rig that can put my still cam and gopro together...

If your stil camera has a hot shoe- get the tripod mount for the GoPro and mount it above your still camera, using something like this: hotshoe mount

rycote_shoeadpt.jpg
Works great for me.

yes... right what i am looking for !!! thanks!! i wonder if i can DIY that...or look for it locally..
anyway... i will save the picture... 22USD is a bit high for me... ( in S.E.A)

one down..

next.. to look for some rig to put the still camera and gopro..side by side..

yes... right what i am looking for !!! thanks!! i wonder if i can DIY that...or look for it locally..
anyway... i will save the picture... 22USD is a bit high for me... ( in S.E.A)

one down..

next.. to look for some rig to put the still camera and gopro..side by side..
The one shown for $22 won't work anyway, it's 3/8". There are plenty of 1/4"-20 threaded models on ebay however. Here's one as a suggestion: 1/4"-20 Tripod Screw to Flash Hot Shoe Mount Adapter | eBay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom