scuba diving with go pro... what is the best way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I'm using: Intova Stay Slim with Flex Arm model SSFL | Intova. I have a retractable line attached to for when I need both hands free. It's small and light, you can tuck it into your BC straps if needed. I also got the 2nd half attachments so it's got two flex arms to hold lights. All this makes it the best bang for the buck as far as camera tray and strobe/light arms go for any underwater camera.

u know..
i have been thinking... one easy way is to mount it on a tray together with my still camera...

that way.. i can
1) take video of what is ahead
2) take video of what i am taking ( by tilting it towards the subject)
3) take video of what is behind me ( or my beautiful face!! hahah)

but.. i don't own a tray! is there ways to DIY one? it seems expensive ....

This is what I'm using: Intova Stay Slim with Flex Arm model SSFL | Intova. I have a retractable line attached to for when I need both hands free. It's small and light, you can tuck it into your BC straps if needed. I also got the 2nd half attachments so it's got two flex arms to hold lights. All this makes it the best bang for the buck as far as camera tray and strobe/light arms go for any underwater camera.

this is pretty cool... how much is this set up?

this is pretty cool... how much is this set up?
The main kit, which is the camera tray and flex arm, is $33. To make up the other half, you can either get a 2nd kit, or the individual parts. The flashlight mounts are $7 each. So everything runs about $60 to $75. Intova also has another mount, but it doesn't have flex arms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom