scuba diving with go pro... what is the best way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quick question for anyone who has the wrist mount. can you just attach it to your BCD through the velcro on right side (where normall you place the inflator hose on the left side). On my BCD the strap normally goes just about forward facing on my horizontal position. Thinking it would be nice to have a quick fix and easy on off without too much modification.

love the other ideas, see them coming.

quick question for anyone who has the wrist mount. can you just attach it to your BCD through the velcro on right side (where normall you place the inflator hose on the left side). On my BCD the strap normally goes just about forward facing on my horizontal position. Thinking it would be nice to have a quick fix and easy on off without too much modification.

love the other ideas, see them coming.

I'm buying the fantasea blue ray double tray that may have enough room to accommodate the gopro and a point and shoot w/ enclosure. Fantasea Line Water Sports Photo Products & Accessories- Blue Ray Double Tray

Going to give it a shot at least. Regardless, it appears to be a better tray than the intova slim fit that I have right now where I need to keep tightening the flex arms on the tray and the screws for the slim arms have come out during dives.

I use a tripod mount and a mono stick ($20 from leisurepro) when freediving

YouTube - Freediving Dutch Springs

For scuba I'm using a setup built around an old UK light cannon hid light that was laying around taking up space. The hardware is from BTS and cost me $144 (+ $10 for the diffuser discs for the light).

The drawback with the light cannon is the weight, given that the Gopro and housing is already neg in the water. I got some PVC foam that I'm working on adding to the light to get closer to neutral buoyancy.

Attachments

• videolight.jpg
    videolight.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 1,840
I dive using a wakeboard/kiteboard helmet with a helmet mount for the GoPro. I also have an attachment around the middle of my speargun, but have found that wearing the helmet very snug while diving doesn't bother me, and films everything that I see, as I see it.

Has anyone used the model from Ragecams? They offer a model that has a 6mm modified lense that is supposedly color correcting. I have just ordered one and am pretty excited to use it.

I have my GoPro on a standard Sea and Sea arm and baseplate which I bought on closeout. Attached a L&M 1200 to the arm and got great videos. Edited with microsoft moviemaker which was free. Find my first video on you tube at Bonaire 2011 - YouTube there is no music track yet but you get the idea. This was my first time out with it and was pretty happy.

Back
Top Bottom