SCUBA Diving, Urban Legends and Mythbusters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you fart in your drysuit, it causes buoyancy issues that make you instantly rocket to the surface I heard. :thumb:

Actually the opposite. The drop in buoyancy will make you s(t)ink like a stone!

Say, Just who is volunteering to do these test anyway? Won't the detractors just boo hoo and results anyway?:rofl3:

I was thinking that if we got enough semi-legitimate submissions, we'd turn them over to mythbusters. Unless someone else has a video camera and want's to volunteer to try them? :D

In the event of a first stage failure you can take the reg off a tank and sip air directly from the valve.

A ruptured low pressure hose will drain a tank before you can shut the valve off.

You can use a wing as rebreather in an emergency.

Spare Air is adequate for a safe ascent from 130'

"diving with a metal detector will attract sharks"

if you pee in your wetsuit - it does attract sharks.

Long hose system is for tech diving only.

I can dispute that pharting in a wetsuit causes any variation in buoyancy. I have performed this experiment personally. Busted.

you want to ditch your weight at 100' when you run out of air so you can get to the top in a hurry. assuming no spare air is available.

I can dispute that pharting in a wetsuit causes any variation in buoyancy. I have performed this experiment personally. Busted.

Busted?

you Busted your wetsuit when farting in it?

(note to Docc, no more bean burritto's before diving :thumb: )

I was thinking that if we got enough semi-legitimate submissions, we'd turn them over to mythbusters. Unless someone else has a video camera and want's to volunteer to try them? :D

I have the camera and would be happy to film a pilot or teaser reel for submission.:wink:

How could I forget this one?

You can't use titanium with nitrox (for all those that want to see a tank explode) :rofl3:

In the event of a first stage failure you can take the reg off a tank and sip air directly from the valve.

A ruptured low pressure hose will drain a tank before you can shut the valve off.

You can use a wing as rebreather in an emergency.

Spare Air is adequate for a safe ascent from 130'

"diving with a metal detector will attract sharks"

if you pee in your wetsuit - it does attract sharks.

Plastic buckles are a more prone to failure.

using a webbed glove will allow one to swim faster in a serious rescue situation.

Titanium regs will blow up if used with nitrox

I have the camera and would be happy to film a pilot or teaser reel for submission.:wink:

It's a shame I didnt think about this before my friends flew home with his video camera!

Dang Dave, you may have to make a trip. :rofl3:

How about:
If you fill a tank with Nitrox, it must be O2 clean first or the whole shop will blow up.
or
Will water get into a tank if it is brought back on board with only 100 psi.
or
How dirty can a tank be before it will explode when filling with pure O2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom