Scuba Diving TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I search all over the 9 gillion cable channels for ANYTHING dive related and usually come up with nada.

I would welcome just about any format of program but would truly enjoy something along the lines of a Travel show...maybe with segments on gear/DIY/fitness/training updates/food.

You could have this on at 3 a.m., and you can bet that Tivo sales would go through the roof among Scuba divers! I too watch any scuba related show on my 500 channels as well, and unfortunately, there isn't any.

boblanning:
Penny,
Thanks for the note.
Just trying to gauge whether there is any "real" interest for this program.
And, yes...it will be accurate and hopefully informative and entertaining.
I'd love it!! And it is a growing sport with an expanding market base.

I just hope you can still sell it to sponsors with it being "accurate." I haven't had TV in my home since 1988, but I think I can figure out how to hook one up to the cable that came with the house.

Like so many others mentioned, I to have about a gozillion channels on Dish, but I'd pay for one more if there was a decent diving show on.

I'd enjoy it too - hopefully it will be available over the internet as well :D You might find it helpful to read some of the other threads dealing with our "critiques" of Diving passport and Undersea detectives for an idea of the popularity of them and what folks want to see.

Best wishes on the venture

Aloha, Tim

Hi Bob and welcome to SB :thumb:
Would we want a program on diving, oh you betcha. Like Penny said, we watch dive related stuff over an over again. The program could be like the travel channel's Samantha Brown series where she travels the globe checking out hotels, yours could be similar and check out dive locations. I would think we are also interested in the surface locals also, like; where to stay where to eat, what the locals are like. And true we do have a sense of humor, so it can be on the light side above, but very serious below. I would even volunteer to be the "Samantha Brown" of your new dive show, and we have a complete cast of characters here on Scubaboard.
Good luck and keep us posted.
David

My husband and I have commented several times that a "scuba channel" would be great. When we watch TV we surf all the cable channels to see if anything even remotely connected to diving is on first. We rarely miss an episode of DSD. As far as programing, we would enjoy dive travel, equipment demos and reviews, documentaries of acquatic animal behavior, technical diving, interviews with industry leaders, heck let's do a scuba game show.

Wow. This could be big.....

Bob- I've had a daily 30-min dive-related TV show on local cable TV for 3-4 years. I've been surprised to find that many of our local divers don't watch it, yet lots of non-divers watch and comment favorably on it. Some of their pets are regular viewers as well... I have heard owners of several cats say they come running when they hear the sound of the regulator bubbles at the opening of the show.

Don't assume the market is strictly divers (although I know plenty will be interested). It is of broader interest as well.

I'd be glad to work with you on any segments that focus on regions I've filmed (soCal kelp forests primarily, but also the Sea of Cortez and the Caribbean). I have many hours of stock footage.

Dr. Bill

Oooohhh Nooooooooooooooo !!!, Dr. Bill . . . do we HAVE to watch your home movies AGAIN ????

Mr. Hand and Sluggo and I have them memorized !!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom