Scuba Diving Self Situational Awareness Ribbon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m sorry to hear about your cousin. However, if you hope to get a message out to the public and have people pay attention to your message, using “u” for “you” and “ur” for “your” does nothing but detract from the message.
Thank you and from your view can you suggest to me what would maybe get a better or attract more attention. Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it and please any ideas or help I'm open to and will gladly make use of

Thank you and from your view can you suggest to me what would maybe get a better or attract more attention. Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it and please any ideas or help I'm open to and will gladly make use of

Coherent sentences and no texting abbreviations.

I’m also going to suggest you go get certified yourself. It may open your eyes to some of what you’re attempting to do.

The conversation method very well might pass in some work places. Where I believe it does not do so well is in places where you are doing write-ups to gather attention and support.

For me, what does more hinderance to the issue is not conveying a enough understanding what is being wanted and written about such as in this case scuba, buddy system and situational awareness while also not giving necessary details to further the project.
If your commenting on my abbreviations, as incorrect or as to say it is uneducated to use, I think you are wrong. And excuse me there are many jobs and varies situations abbreviating is needed. And I didn't post expecting other to only read posts that they can basically understand. I posted asking for help for direction and guidance not to be bashed for abbreviations shows how much you get out. And when posting maybe it's logical so I'm not posting a neverending get to the point post.

Coherent sentences and no texting abbreviations.

I’m also going to suggest you go get certified yourself. It may open your eyes to some of what you’re attempting to do.
I am sorry but getting certified has nothing to do with trying to help and hope other divers can be reminded of its importance. So when people support cancer awareness do they have to also have cancer, for anyone to show support in raising awareness they to have to personally be the one affected. It can not be a family member or friend showing support or a stranger showing support.

I disagree from what I've learned isn't a dive buddy who agrees to go out as one taking the responsibility of being the more experienced diver and ultimately yes so to speak being the baby sitter being the teacher being the one responsible. If a dive buddy doesn't take his position serious or with responsibility then I'm sorry that dive buddy has no business having the title dive buddy. You research the meaning of dive buddy and say ur right. If u want just someone to dive with u take a friend but u don't take on the title dive buddy if u can't handle the full position that it holds. A baby sitter please and dive buddies are supposed to be what arms reach away aren't they yes they are. Ur comment has no valid points just nonsense why be a dive buddy then right exactly.
I believe you may have gotten a very wrong impression of what a "dive buddy" is.

What you're describing is a Divemaster or even an Instructor.

A dive buddy is literally just that - a person that you dive with on a particular dive. There's absolutely nothing special about a dive buddy.

Sure, you're supposed to look out for each other, but ultimately, every diver is responsible for their own safety as well. A dive buddy is primarily there for situations which need the help of a second person, such as entanglement or a medical emergency, (the oft-quoted and trained for out-of-air emergency is something which should NEVER happen to a diver unless there was an equipment failure), and often just to contact surface support and try and get help asap (always depends on the relative level of training of the people, a Rescue Diver is (or at least should be) a lot more competent buddy than another OW diver, for example).

As someone mentioned just above, even if you have no intention of ever diving, especially after your tragic loss, it might be very useful for you to do the Open Water course, just to learn a bit more about scuba diving and the culture of safety that is, or should be, ingrained in every diver.

Isn't it a bit unfair to blame the buddy?
  1. we do not know what happened
  2. it is unclear whether a dive buddy could have helped or not (sometimes there is nothing you can do)
  3. your dive buddy is not responsible for you - he or she will usually try to help, though
  4. buddy separation is not always intentional. Current, visibility and other factors do play a role.
We are discussing this accident now. If we could get the details then we might be able to make the world a better place.
Im not blaming the buddy but the buddy did leave him alone and didn't bother to notice to look for him till awhile after so yes for his lack of or his duty to do or not do. Example someone parents & children a care taker and elderly or anyone if you are taking on the job tilte of being the responsible person of the 2 or of the group what does that mean. So what does a dive buddy defined as...

I believe you may have gotten a very wrong impression of what a "dive buddy" is.

What you're describing is a Divemaster or even an Instructor.

A dive buddy is literally just that - a person that you dive with on a particular dive. There's absolutely nothing special about a dive buddy.

Sure, you're supposed to look out for each other, but ultimately, every diver is responsible for their own safety as well. A dive buddy is primarily there for situations which need the help of a second person, such as entanglement or a medical emergency, (the oft-quoted and trained for out-of-air emergency is something which should NEVER happen to a diver unless there was an equipment failure), and often just to contact surface support and try and get help asap (always depends on the relative level of training of the people, a Rescue Diver is (or at least should be) a lot more competent buddy than another OW diver, for example).

As someone mentioned just above, even if you have no intention of ever diving, especially after your tragic loss, it might be very useful for you to do the Open Water course, just to learn a bit more about scuba diving and the culture of safety that is, or should be, ingrained in every diver.
No I didn't blame the dive buddy what I did say as the responsible diver experienced diver and knowingly taking a beginner diver out at night to certify or help him get night dive certified your not going out to just leave them alone.

And maybe all of you have just let this go right over your heads but I did not post here asking for help or insight just to have this bashed to have his accident bashed or debated I never once said hey tell me what u think hey let's have an open discussion about his accident never. I stated I hope to get some help guidance to maybe be able to help show support for scuba divers and here all u people want to do is discuss an accident none of u or me no **** about. And from my view on all of you until it happens to u none of you can careless anyways you all think you no it all you all no so much except none can ever go wrong reminding themselves to be aware. I think for all of you to openly bash unfortunate accident and me for trying to help raise awareness on its importance shows the ignorance and shows how stuck on each of you thinks it's a load of crap. Didn't no all of you are accident prone

No I didn't blame the dive buddy what I did say as the responsible diver experienced diver and knowingly taking a beginner diver out at night to certify or help him get night dive certified your not going out to just leave them alone.
That is not a "buddy". That is an Instructor. A buddy can't certify another diver.

And yes, if that's what happened, then there are going to be a LOT of questions asked... that would be close to a criminal negligence case for the dive professional in question. Under no circumstances should an instructor ever leave a student diver without supervision.

Unless I misunderstood. I'm sorry to say, but your posts are not always very clearly written.

And maybe all of you have just let this go right over your heads but I did not post here asking for help or insight just to have this bashed to have his accident bashed or debated I never once said hey tell me what u think hey let's have an open discussion about his accident never. I stated I hope to get some help guidance to maybe be able to help show support for scuba divers and here all u people want to do is discuss an accident none of u or me no **** about. And from my view on all of you until it happens to u none of you can careless anyways you all think you no it all you all no so much except none can ever go wrong reminding themselves to be aware. I think for all of you to openly bash unfortunate accident and me for trying to help raise awareness on its importance shows the ignorance and shows how stuck on each of you thinks it's a load of crap. Didn't no all of you are accident prone
Nobody is "bashing" this.

As an industry, we are very keen to learn from incidents precisesly in order to raise awareness and learn from them to prevent future incidents.

I'm sorry if you're getting the wrong impression.

But point taken, we are getting off-topic from your original post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom