Scuba Diving Acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very helpful link you shared.. Thank you very much... it is really helpful specially to some one like me new to diving..

My instructor for my Navi dive for Advanced when I did it at Uni taught me Big White Rabbits Always F***k (idk if swearing is ok on here....)

Which worked for us since we were a bunch of uni students, and works for me now in that if I'm helping a student (currently a DM trainee but I'm there to answer questions if needed) then even if it's inappropriate to use that acronym it still helps me remember it so I can just think of other ones to use hehe.

Good for young person generation though and gets a bit of a giggle unless they've no sense of humour at all.

My instructor told me to remember BWRAF as Bruce Willis ruins all films :D

This is for the pre-dive safety check :-

B - B.C.D.
W - Weights
R - Releases
A - Air
F - Final Okay

I personally remember it as Begin With Review And Friend.

Thank you so very much!!!

I was just (I mean in the next minute or two) going to do a Google search for scuba acronyms. Then I saw your post. I'm going to the website RIGHT NOW to check it out!! This novice needs as much help as she can get. :D

LSF
:coffee:

---------- Post Merged at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Hi lynch,

You are the only poster I've seen that is like me--just starting with "None--Not Certified" as the number of dives. Glad I'm not the only "dry" diver enthusiast out there! But that will all change in January 2013... :blinking:

LSF
:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom