Scuba divers and their aquariums..let's see them..here's mine.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got some new 'kids'...in a borrowed 75gal tank. They are freshwater of course. Headstanders....or Leporinus fasciatus (Banded Leporinus). Hopefully will get along with the Algea eater cause I'm too lazy to actually scrub glass.

Nice! Be careful with the leporinus....they get almost a foot long when fully grown! I have one that is about 9 inches and is a few years old.

stangscuba98a:
Nice! Be careful with the leporinus....they get almost a foot long when fully grown! I have one that is about 9 inches and is a few years old.

Uh Oh.....hehehe....I think I got the wrong species! I was out looking for headstanders as I'd kept the striped headstander (Anostomus anostomus) a long time ago. Had them for about eight years and lost them all in an unfortunate overfeeding incident. They were all under 6". I just did a quick internet search on leporinus.....NOT the same headstander...:11doh:

Looks like we may be investing in a bigger tank....:D

johnnyseko:
Uh Oh.....hehehe....I think I got the wrong species! I was out looking for headstanders as I'd kept the striped headstander (Anostomus anostomus) a long time ago. Had them for about eight years and lost them all in an unfortunate overfeeding incident. They were all under 6". I just did a quick internet search on leporinus.....NOT the same headstander...:11doh:

Looks like we may be investing in a bigger tank....:D

Too funny:lol:

No more pics out there....more reef tanks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom