Scuba divers and their aquariums..let's see them..here's mine.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfelliot:
As long as this thread has gone to the cats, let me include the next level of my home bound food chain.....

Those don't look like fish to me....:confused:

I just cleaned my 60. The jungle needed to be thinned. I don't understand why some of you need CO2 bubbling through your system. My plants and fish do just fine without it.

My success with a fresh water aquarium greatly improved when I learned to understand the water chemistry.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I just cleaned my 60. The jungle needed to be thinned. I don't understand why some of you need CO2 bubbling through your system. My plants and fish do just fine without it.

My success with a fresh water aquarium greatly improved when I learned to understand the water chemistry.

TwoBit

I have a bubble wall mainly for looks plus it adds some oxygen to the water.

I tried to load some pics of mine, but can't seem to get ti to work. I have two 30ish gallon tanks, I'm planning on doing one lake with live plants and the other was going to be a small reef, but I'm not sure....we move around a lot still(hence them not being setup yet) and they are hard to move.... I also have this little tv-shaped remote control holder thingy that I was going to turn into a beta-tank and just havn't gotten around to doing yet.

Kwbyron:
I tried to load some pics of mine, but can't seem to get ti to work. I have two 30ish gallon tanks, I'm planning on doing one lake with live plants and the other was going to be a small reef, but I'm not sure....we move around a lot still(hence them not being setup yet) and they are hard to move.... I also have this little tv-shaped remote control holder thingy that I was going to turn into a beta-tank and just havn't gotten around to doing yet.

You need to host the pictures somewhere besides your computer to load them here. I use www.photobucket.com

TwoBitTxn:

TwoBit

Plants do just fine in a normal aquarium, but CO2 injection stimulates growth to the point that I've seen O2 just bubble off of leaves. Roots growth is greater too.

I built a little injector from a plastic bottle and used yeast and sugar to create the CO2. I was amazed! You have to watch Ph because the CO2 can shift it down.

Back
Top Bottom