SCUBA Cylinder requirements, specifications and legislation for New Zealand.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PCoetzee

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi There.

I am in the process of migrating to the Auckland area and need to know what the requirements are for compressed SCUBA cylinders in NZ.
I own 2 doubles sets as well as a number of single sport cylinders as well as multiple stage cylinders.

Must scuba valves have burst discs? many of mine don't.
Most of my cylinders have an M25 neck thread. Is that common in NZ? Do you use the 3/4 Inch neck threads?
Most of my cylinders are yellow and grey. Is the colour schemes enforced by law?

I am trying to decide if I should ship my cylinders to NZ or just sell them and buy 1 or 2 new sets in New Zealand upon arrival.

Regards
Pete

Hi Pete--short version--Sell your cylinders and buy some here.
Long version.
1)standard kiwi cylinders use 3/4 npsm threads
2)You are required to have burst disks in your valves.
3)Your cylinder is required to have a LAB number which they wont have or you can apply for a SP number which will cost you $130 per cylinder with no promise it will pass.
4) ALL NZ cylinders must be painted purple or pink.--nahh sorry Im kidding on that one-Color doesn't matter.

I'd suggest you contact Global Dive (http//www.globaldive.com) and they will be able to give you a case by case answer

Back
Top Bottom