Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padi1029

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, has anyone every stayed at, and dived with, Scuba Club Cozumel? If you have I would appreciate your opinions on the resort, the diving they offer, and your experiences while there. Would you go back, would you stay elsewhere, would you skip Cozumel after the damage done by hurricanes and travel to another destination. I have an opportunity to go there this fall and before I say yes I would like to find out a bit more. Thanks.

Post this over in the Cozumel sub-forum and you'll get more response. :wink:

I haven't been to Scuba Club, but it has lots of repeat visitors and gets good reviews.

Well untill they move this forum here is my two bits. Yes our frist diving trip to Cozumel was three year ago and we stayed at Scuba Club.
People working there: great
Food: Ok
Boats: Slow but enjoyed the time watching the water.
Dive Crew: Talked about you in spanish.
Beds: Hard as a rock.
Grocery Store: Within walking distance
Haven't been back to Cozumel since because Cocoview stoled our hearts. But will someday.
Overall Scuba Club was very fun and as newbies to diving everyone there (guest) were very helpful in teaching us the ropes. Diving out front was easy but has some current.

I've been to SCC twice - including last October during Wilma. I'm going back this October because I like the food, location, facilities and staff. I love Cozumel and I want to return to see what the island and reefs look like one year after Wilma. I've been to CoCoView twice as well and although the dive operation at CCV is about as good as you can possibly get - I think the diving is better in Coz. I also think the food is much better at SCC.

bertschb,

I can't agree with you on Scuba Club over CCV.

CCV offers great diving day and night at any moment you get the urge. Two walls in the front yard. Being able to pull 25 plus dives easy. Oh ya'll and the wreck dive. And my own opion the food was better than Mexico.

Now SC is nice and the vis is great better in Cozumel. And the social life if need be is better since you can easily go to town.

Both resorts have great people working for them. So it's even there.

It just comes down for myself to diving my heart out and CCV offer it better than the front yard of SC.
Now on the bad side of CCV, they need to stop raising there rates.

And CCV has a great ping pong table!

There are 120 dive operators in Cozumel and you don't have to stay at a resort. With so many good and cheap restaurants in town, you're missing out on a big part of Cozumel's charm by staying at an all-inclusive.

I've made 3 trips post Wilma and the Southern reefs are in good shape. I personally prefer a fast 6-pack to get to the best dive spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom