Scuba Club Cozumel Rooms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Which SCC room is your favorite and why? Will be traveling with my husband and wanted to try Scuba Club out this time. We loved Blue Angel, with the exception of the street noise, but wanted to try SCC to compare. Also any favorite DM's? Any tips appreciated.

Tammy

Favorite DMs: Nestor and Geiser are fantastic. Both are usually on the smaller boats. But then, we have never had a DM that we hated there. I know a few people have mentioned a DM they don't like, but since we have never had him, I won't name names. They have over a dozen DMs available, some are full time and some are part time. It all depends on how full the resort is each week as to which DMs may be working.

Favorite rooms: Depends. Do you want ocean view from your balcony, or a room that has a big terrace that walks right out to boat? I like any room over close to the dive shop.

My Trip Report is almost done.. should have it up tomorrow. Lots and lots of photos of the resort.

robin

Favorite rooms: Depends. Do you want ocean view from your balcony, or a room that has a big terrace that walks right out to boat? I like any room over close to the dive shop.

robin

Undecided on room with a view versus walking right out to boat. Are the lockers big enough to keep BCD, reg, etc in them? I would love to be on the upper floor with ocean view but maybe not so if I have to schlep all my gear up the stairs with me. Definitely would like to be closer to dive shop.

Looking forward to your trip report!

Tammy

Scuba Club.jpgI don't know if you're really going to have a voice of rooms.....think it depends on day & what time you arrive. Our first room was on second floor above the lobby, but it had some electrical issues, so we moved to #30. Very quiet & kind of secluded. Behind the restaurant & to the left of the lobby as you head in. You'll enjoy Scuba Club....we did!

You are going to love SCC!

My favourite room is 71 on the ground floor. King size bed plus two singles for holding our dive bags & clothes suitcases. It has big sliding doors that open right onto a terrace that overlooks the sand and ocean. Great unobstructed view and close to the dive shop & lockers and real close to the pier. When looking at SCC from the water it is on the right side with the big windows. We got this luckily in January and then requested and got it again in April. Have also asked Sophia for it again in January 2013 and will do so again when we book for November.

I also met people in rooms 40 & 41 and they are nice too. King bed and balcony overlooking the water. The only difference is their balconies face the walkway to the restaurant so people pass in front of it all the time. Plus the papala with bar stools is right out front. Could be noisy if people are congregating there. Not so for room 71. Only people passing by were the people in room 70 to the right. That is a nice room too but it has two double beds and we like the king.

As for DMs my favourite was Tony who we had in April. He is a part-timer but great at showing you stuff plus he is big on safety. Always checking to see if everything is okay and then sending up a safety sausage from a reel when the first pair get low on air. We still all float along as a group but at different depths. The boat is always right there when it is our turn to go up. My favourite boat is the Reef Cat. The crew of that boat is amazing. Well they all are really. They work really hard so we always tip them more than is suggested.

We had Nestor in January and he is good too. There are a few I am not impressed with. Probably the same one Robin is not naming so I won`t either.

I've stayed a couple times in 45. It's ground level and faces the dive shop. (You can't actually see the dive shop, though, because the lockers separate the two.) You do have an angled view of the water.

I like it for a couple reasons. They do have good-sized lockers (next to the dive shop and another set between the pool and the water, on the opposite side of the grounds). However, they don't have a communal area to hang anything to dry (e.g., wetsuit, bcd, etc.). Most folks do schlep those things to their room where there are nice hanging rods for your gear. So, I like not having to carry my stuff too far, although I suppose that's not too big a deal.

I also like being over in the general area of the dive shop, lockers, gazebo, etc. because folks are routinely coming and going and I like to feel more in the thick of the activity. I suppose some might be bothered by the early morning clanging of tanks, etc., as they get things moving.

Another nice thing about 45 is that it's a fairly large room. Two double beds, plus a single bed in the corner. I've always shared the room with one roommate, which left the single bed available to spread out dive gear.

I think the nicest rooms are the front-most rooms that directly face the water, either first or second floor. I've always gone with a good sized group and others with more seniority always got those rooms.

Ron

Well since you failed to post what dates you will be there I'll refrain from posting my favorite room number for fear of loosing it. :wink: I will say it is one of the ones already posted though.
As for DM's, Geiser and Nestor.

Over the past twenty-plus years, we've been in many of the rooms at SCC; some have views, some are upstairs, some are closer to the dive shop, some have double beds, some have kings. All of the rooms have tile floors, a/c, fans, balconies, free wi-fi, no TVs, and ambience. I would be delighted to be in any of them. Some of the rooms, like 71, are huge and typically reserved for group leaders or valued, repeat visitors. Given the dynamics of room assignments, you are unlikely to get a specific room. You can ask, but the staff cannot accommodate everyone; otherwise, we would all be in 71...with Betty!

The lockers are large enough for two sets of gear. The hotel is secure, theft is not a concern.

Dive guides? Love them all. Some are better at finding smaller critters than others. Most of the DMs have been at SCC for many, many years; there isn't much turnover. If you want to see something, tell the DM. If you want to dive a particular site, tell the DM. They can't always deliver, but they will do their best to show you a good time u/w.

Undecided on room with a view versus walking right out to boat. Are the lockers big enough to keep BCD, reg, etc in them? I would love to be on the upper floor with ocean view but maybe not so if I have to schlep all my gear up the stairs with me. Definitely would like to be closer to dive shop.

Looking forward to your trip report!

Tammy

The lockers by the dive shop are smaller, but look like they will hold BC, as well as the rest of your gear.
2012Coz_SCC171.jpg

The lockers down by the shore dive entry are huge (same width, but much deeper), can hold a couple of tanks as well as all your gear.
2012Coz_SCC214.jpg

robin

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

and if you want the room with the best view.... ask for #55. It is on the rooftop of the center bldg, you need to find the secret stairwell, and go up 3 flights.

2012Coz_SCC172.jpg

And this rooftop terrace is where people like to do Yoga at dawn.

there is a person standing upstairs, on that rooftop looking down.
2012Coz_SCC162.jpg

OR

walk right out to the boats:
2012Coz_SCC035.jpg

you can see the room numbers on the doors
2012Coz_SCC081.jpg

robin

Thanks Robin! These photos give a great perspective on things. Lockers are a lot nicer than I imagined. And seeing the bc in the one really helps. Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. Really helps.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom