Scuba BSA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you in this thread who haven't heard... We have a new "sister forum"... www.ScoutBoard.com. Not near as big as dear ol' ScubaBoard, but it's starting to take off!

spyder:
After much effort from our Scoutmaster and the local Scout Store, National sent the Scuba award for my 12 year old son. He was the first one in the troop and possibly the state to receive this award. We didn't tell him that it actually came through and he was VERY surprised at the Court of Honor this past Tuesday. I think the confusion in this thread is that to actually do open water diving as a Scout outing they must be 14. To achieve the Scuba Award they only have to be of Scouting age since it's in confined water.

Thank you so much for posting that. My 12 yr old is about to start his certification classes here locally and we knew that BSA had a 14 yr old limit attched to SCUBA but weren't sure how tight the restrictions were.

Laurel

NetDoc:
for y'all to look at... Scuba BSA It's too large a file to upload here.

Pete,
I know the above was an older post, but I also wanted to thank you for the info on this. I am so happy to know that we can incorporate SCUBA into his Scouting now instead of 1 1/2 years from now!!!

Laurel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom