Scuba BSA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The Excutive in charge of program for my Council gave me a copy of this new program last week. It is set up along the lines of Snorkle BSA and does not intend to replace certification by an agency.

Anyone have any thoughts on this???

I am not... but would love to be. IF they need a private forum here so they can communicate effectively, I would be more than happy to set them up.

NetDoc:
The Excutive in charge of program for my Council gave me a copy of this new program last week. It is set up along the lines of Snorkle BSA and does not intend to replace certification by an agency.

Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Where are the details of the program? On your web site? Or attached to your post?

I'm a little confused, sorry.

NetDoc:
for y'all to look at... It's too large a file to upload here.

It seems the program will be a way to get scouts interested in diving, but will have absolutely no relevance to those scouts who already are certified. Unless, of course, they're badge collectors.

The scouts already have the best scuba adventure on earth...Sea Base.

As the BSA Camp LaNoChe Scuba Instructor I like the idea of this thread nice going Pete O boy

rgerman95:
It seems the program will be a way to get scouts interested in diving, but will have absolutely no relevance to those scouts who already are certified. Unless, of course, they're badge collectors.

The scouts already have the best scuba adventure on earth...Sea Base.

While there has been frequent demeaning of 'card collectors' on here, I hope we remember that many of these youths do need/appreciate the positive reinforcement that badge/awards provide.

I personally see NO problem with Scouts who are certified to pickup a BSA Scuba patch for their brag rag/vest/collection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom