Scuba Board 10 LBS (4.54Kg) Challenge...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original winner/"loser" referred to himself as an "obesity survivor", and said he would use that term for the rest of his life, as he has struggled with obesity every day of his life, and will continue the struggle, every day for the rest of his life...

Yep. And in some ways it is harder than for other addictions - at least you can quit smoking or drinking completely, for example. The consequences of quitting eating are not very desirable, so we have to figure out how to eat, but not eat too much.

I haven't been up or down as much as you have, but this is my second big loss. I lost 65 lbs in 1997, and kept it off for 5 years - then I ran into an eating situation that I will have to cope with for the foreseeable future, and gave up resulting in a slow creep back up over the next 5 years. A diabetes scare last spring pushed me to realize I have to figure out how to co-exist with the unhealthy eating situation.

Down 5 lbs. Five more to go!

It's still open to everyone, whether you started yesterday, or not :wink:
----

In that case, I'm in because on Monday I was @ 265 (no, I'm just big boned:rofl3:)

I have already lost 3 lbs in 4 days! yeah, me.

In that case, I'm in because on Monday I was @ 265 (no, I'm just big boned:rofl3:)

I have already lost 3 lbs in 4 days! yeah, me.
That's a good place to start!

When I started (originally) I saw a picture of myself at 310! I lost 79 lbs. But, I did it toooooo fast and started to see skin folds (not happy). I stopped losing and gained 9 lbs in 2 months (folds were no longer there... filled in with fat)... From June '07 to Feb. '08, I gained 25 lbs. and decided to go back to losing.... (For you math people out there, yes... that is 265)

I started again 8 weeks ago (remember, this is relatively new weight, and will come off faster because it's newer weight...)
8 weeks later (today), I am down 28 lbs. to 237...

So, 265 is a good place to start...

Edit:
Oh, I forgot to mention...
Because I am working with weights and walking/jogging, I am now into a size "large" t-shirt... Size 34 jeans (Yes, relaxed fit... lol, but they are still 34s), and just bought a swim suit, size 32-34... AND IT FITS!

Awesome.....as of today, 5 pounds in the first week. (And I really enjoyed the Easter food!)

Back on track hoping to see the next five go in the upcoming week!

That's a good place to start!

When I started (originally) I saw a picture of myself at 310! I lost 79 lbs. But, I did it toooooo fast and started to see skin folds (not happy). I stopped losing and gained 9 lbs in 2 months (folds were no longer there... filled in with fat)... From June '07 to Feb. '08, I gained 25 lbs. and decided to go back to losing.... (For you math people out there, yes... that is 265)

I started again 8 weeks ago (remember, this is relatively new weight, and will come off faster because it's newer weight...)
8 weeks later (today), I am down 28 lbs. to 237...

So, 265 is a good place to start...

Edit:
Oh, I forgot to mention...
Because I am working with weights and walking/jogging, I am now into a size "large" t-shirt... Size 34 jeans (Yes, relaxed fit... lol, but they are still 34s), and just bought a swim suit, size 32-34... AND IT FITS!

Just wanted to throw this out there:

Weight alone is not always a great indicator of health. Body fat percentage is -much- better, particularly for someone such as yourself that seems to see a lot of roller coastering on a standard scale. You may, at the start of a good exercise cycle, gain a few pounds of muscle and your weight would actually appear to go up, when the reality is you're moving in the right direction.

If you can, get a hold of a scale that measures body fat percent, or see if the gym you use has someone who can measure you with calipers once a week.

Begins NOW!

January 24th, 2008 and continues until the first peson in the fitness group loses 10 Lbs (4.54Kg)... Judgement is a personal goal... But, it is 10 lbs from today...

Here is what you win...

Finally! Down 10 lbs (actually 11, but I've been away from my scale since Thursday). How do I claim my prize ???

Finally! Down 10 lbs (actually 11, but I've been away from my scale since Thursday). How do I claim my prize ???
You just did!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I will PM you on Monday for your address and information (or, you can PM me... I am out of town until Monday evening)

Back
Top Bottom