Scuba Addict at Disneyland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too have heard interesting things about the DiveQuest dives. We (my daughter and I) are actually going to dive it next Saturday. Should be fun! Actually met a scuba diver and his son from Daytona Beach area and we will be diving the "tank" with them.

I am looking forward to it, but not the tidbit about diving with a jacket BC. I LOVE my BP&Wing. :07:

ABQdiver I am looking forward to it, but not the tidbit about diving with a jacket BC. I LOVE my BP&Wing. :07:

So you have to use their gear? That's communist (oops, was that too politics for the TOS?). Seriously though it sounds like fun & worth doing, even if I have to trust Disney's loaner equipment.

brssmnky:
So you have to use their gear? That's communist (oops, was that too politics for the TOS?). Seriously though it sounds like fun & worth doing, even if I have to trust Disney's loaner equipment.
My buddy's dove it twice(different trips) Disney keeps it really clean(as in all things Disney) so the vis extends beyond the tank. He said it's the cleanest water he's ever dove in - and we've been to Bonaire, Cayman and Maui. Your family/friends can film you from the restaurant also.

Watch out for the big turtle, he has the right of way and will sometimes try to bump you in the chest just to be ornery. They'll tell you to drop and let him go past.

cal2632:
Disney probably won't rebuild the ride. They've scrapped the version at Disney World, as well. An old 20K Leagues sub from DW has been sunk at Disney's private island, Castaway Key so that people could dive it there. That, along with the popluarity of Dive Quest at Epcot makes me think Disney knows how popular diving is. Maybe someday a west coast version of Dive Quest could happen. Goodness know the California Adventure park sounds like it could use an extra oomph.

It actually states that they're doing something with that ride.. be it ressurrecting it or making something new.

We actually saw a submarine actually running last time we were there (couple of weeks ago.. ) .. we're going Sunday.. so I'll see if they're running anything to test.

CA adventure has livened up..due to the coaster and tower of terror..other than that.. it's more casual than Disneyland..

moonie:
It actually states that they're doing something with that ride.. be it ressurrecting it or making something new.

We actually saw a submarine actually running last time we were there (couple of weeks ago.. ) .. we're going Sunday.. so I'll see if they're running anything to test.

CA adventure has livened up..due to the coaster and tower of terror..other than that.. it's more casual than Disneyland..

Tower of Terror is awesome!

I used to work at Dinsey World here in Florida/ The Magic Kingdm is the only one of the four parks here that have a tunnel system. For a lot of money you can tour them, but only see the front half. The tunnel is big enough for an armoured truck to drive in to pick up cash. A few places down there are dark and smelly. A lot of cast member break areas are down there, the cafeterias, wardrobe, Character area, cash control, and the receivers areas for dry storage and merchandise. I think there is like 2 miles of tunnels down there if I remember right.

Oh and since we don't have basements here in Florida cuz they would flood, I'd like to point out that the tunnels aren't really underground, they were built and then the dirt from the 7 seas lagoon and bay lake were placed on top of them and then the magic kingdom built, so the tunnels are gound level with the park technically the second floor.

http://www.naui.org/pdffiles/dive quest c.pdf

I knew I had that link somewhere! Apparently the voucher is only supposed to be issued by a NAUI instructor to NAUI trainees (I'm neither) but when I phoned, the Booking Agent said that whether they accepted the discount or not would be down to the divemaster on the day. As it happened, when I got my CC bill they had applied the discount :wink:

Great fun, I'd recommend it.

Im aiming to do dive quest next june/july over there.

Need to email them to find out details and so on. Long international phone calls arent appealing and expensive!

I plan to do this in our next visit.

Other discounts I've heard about.

If you are a season pay holder you get a 10-20% discount.
If you have the Disney Visa card you get a 10-20% discount.

Hope that helps.
-mike

Sorry to rebump an old thread but...

Ive just phoned and booked my dive there for 1st july 2005 at a cost of about $147. Rest of timetable complete which leaves me with 8/9/10th july free in key largo to dive. Hoping i can get at least the S.G possibly Duane, some sort of coral reef and a night dive in that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom