Scuba accident in Barrie Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving the caves with a charter boat from Tobermory on Sunday afternoon when a small inflateable tried to cross over our divers. The Capt of the charter boat gave him " the word " and all he got was the finger from the inflateable as it continued on... NOW... to top it off... The inflateable then, went back to his larger boat, raised his dive flag and went diving. YES the charter boat was flying BOTH dive flags.
Now tell me that the boating public is only to blame. NOT

ya i figure that with this incident that people would be more cautious around dive flags but...i was helping on a O/W course this past weekend, i was with the last group in the water, it was me and one other student. I was hearing alot of boat traffic, but we were at the Morrison so its expected, but i heard the normal screech of a boat, turn into a weirder sound, i thouhgt they were right on top of me but i figured that they couldnt be. At that instant my dive flag was movig quite a bit up and down, then it went side ways, i was confused but made sure the diver i was with didnt surface.
Well we got up, and turns out the boat was right on top of us, the reason my flag was moving so much was that the tube behind the boat hit it. we called the police, after a legthly conversation, they charged the boaters(underage drinking and driving) and impounded the boat.

^*^BATMAN^*^:
ya i figure that with this incident that people would be more cautious around dive flags but...i was helping on a O/W course this past weekend, i was with the last group in the water, it was me and one other student. I was hearing alot of boat traffic, but we were at the Morrison so its expected, but i heard the normal screech of a boat, turn into a weirder sound, i thouhgt they were right on top of me but i figured that they couldnt be. At that instant my dive flag was movig quite a bit up and down, then it went side ways, i was confused but made sure the diver i was with didnt surface.
Well we got up, and turns out the boat was right on top of us, the reason my flag was moving so much was that the tube behind the boat hit it. we called the police, after a legthly conversation, they charged the boaters(underage drinking and driving) and impounded the boat.
I'm glad to see that some enforcement takes place! If only other boaters will take the incident as a warning...........

Nah, that'd be expecting too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom