Script Errors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwatts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As a web developer, I run IE7 with script debugging enabled. Of course, I frequently encounter script errors on web sites. I find that there are two script errors that I get here on SB.

1 - Google Ads script error
2 - SB script error

Google Ads script error
I don't know if you guys can really do anything about the Google Ads error. Essentially, they are calling a tick function as follows: tick('1ad')
but this function is apparently undefined. I'm not sure if you guys could just include a "dummy" function to prevent the error. (hmmmm...I never worked with Google Ads).

SB script error
You guys have a script function called vB_Text_Editor that is generating errors. In this function you call obj.style.border=istyles[istyle][3];

The istyles two dimensional array is defining the available styles. Apparently, the style referenced included an extra # symbol which is causing the script error. The 2D array is defined as follows:

istyles[istyle] {...} Object
[0] "#EDEDED"
[1] "#41444C"
[2] "0px"
[3] "1px solid ##41444C"

Notice the [3] element. the color has 2 # symbols.

OK, this message has been brought to you by web geeks R us. Thank you. :D

Don't you just love running 3rd party software? :)

I'm sure this 2nd error will be fixed in the new version. The question will be what new bugs they have introduced?

Each new release means new bug opportunities... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom