Scorpion Bay Beach/Lake Clean Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krcollins

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My visit to "the Bay" yesterday disgusted me. Litter everywhere. I always say that I am going to bring a garbage bag and do my part and pick up the the trash that others have left before me. I did it a few times last year but honestly I usually forget.

Is anyone interested in a beach/lake clean-up event sometime in the near future? Clean-up activities could be both above and below water. Please no debates about the liability due to getting cut by a piece of broken glass or getting tangled in line as your sending a bag of trash to the surface. This is all on your own. Laywers or those that feel they have a moral responsibility to explain the risks involved need not reply.

Suggestions in addition to yeas and nays are appreciated.

krcollins:
My visit to "the Bay" yesterday disgusted me. Litter everywhere. I always say that I am going to bring a garbage bag and do my part and pick up the the trash that others have left before me. I did it a few times last year but honestly I usually forget.

Is anyone interested in a beach/lake clean-up event sometime in the near future? Clean-up activities could be both above and below water. Please no debates about the liability due to getting cut by a piece of broken glass or getting tangled in line as your sending a bag of trash to the surface. This is all on your own. Laywers or those that feel they have a moral responsibility to explain the risks involved need not reply.

Suggestions in addition to yeas and nays are appreciated.

Dive in a cleaner place.

AZTEK DIVER:
Dive in a cleaner place.

Ha! What are you doing here? Enjoying a good roast?:popcorn:

We try to clean up every month when we're there. Unfortunately, it just seems to get worse every month. Saturday we saw the people who left the trash around their fire pit. Instead of organizing a one time event, let's just make an effort to clean up the place every time we visit. I have a roll of trash bags that I keep in my van for that purpose.

BTW, was that you in the red SUV Sunday morning?

Dive-aholic:
We try to clean up every month when we're there. Unfortunately, it just seems to get worse every month. Saturday we saw the people who left the trash around their fire pit. Instead of organizing a one time event, let's just make an effort to clean up the place every time we visit. I have a roll of trash bags that I keep in my van for that purpose.

BTW, was that you in the red SUV Sunday morning?

I agree a sustainable plan of everyone "pitching in" is good. Thought an event would fun also.

That was me. Nice to have met you Rob.

- Kevin

I'm all for a dive get together. Be careful with the word "event". Maricopa County Parks will want their fees if you call it that. :wink: Just set up a dive outing and hand out bags when divers show up.

Nice meeting you, Kevin.

My wife and I might be able to help if I talk her in to the water this time of the year. Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom