scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike7:
I brought two SEADOO SEA SCOOTER's the 20m rated one for £40 off ebay (72$). For the price they are decent not a racing car or anything but will do for what we want them for, even taking them on holiday aboard.

If thats $72, that's a good price for a toy and is good buy.

DiveGolfSki:
If thats $72, that's a good price for a toy and is good buy.

Well the final cost was £55 (b/c postage was £15) so $99 was end price.

Not sure on the retail price of these I think they are around a couple hundred pounds so a good bargin!

Mike7:
Well the final cost was £55 (b/c postage was £15) so $99 was end price.

Not sure on the retail price of these I think they are around a couple hundred pounds so a good bargin!

Still a good price. Hope the batteries are fine since SLA batteries for that much torque can be pricey.

DiveGolfSki:
Still a good price. Hope the batteries are fine since SLA batteries for that much torque can be pricey.

Only used it in a pool for about an hour and was still going, taking them on holiday next week aboard should be fun. :14:

I have the seadoo vs supercharged and my brother just bought the gti,I do agree they are toys,but they can be a lot of fun,and they do make it easier to get around in a current.I dont do any cave diving or anything like that just pure recreational diving,nothing like zipping around in a kelp forest up and down reefs.Oh and just for the record I weigh more than my brother and carry more weight plus a steel tank and my vs still kicks the gti's butt

snamreh:
Does anyone own or has anyone used a DPV (dive propulsion vehicle)?
I am looking at a SEADOO SEA SCOOTER, they sell on ebay for around $350.00
A lot cheaper than they used to be, however are they just an expensive toy or are
they a usefull diving aid for scuba?
Regards MickO

Don't waste you $. I have an Apollo and I love it. I dive with full tech gear (twin 120's w/ stages and it motors just fine. It also toes my buddy with the same set up with no reduction in speed. it's rate I beleive it only rated to 130' but I like it.

The new Dive Rite Arrow uses the same motors as the the older Farallons, its 1/3 hp general electric. The only difference is the electronics and housing size.

Good luck all scooters are blast.

greg1:
Don't waste you $. I have an Apollo and I love it. I dive with full tech gear (twin 120's w/ stages and it motors just fine. It also toes my buddy with the same set up with no reduction in speed. it's rate I beleive it only rated to 130' but I like it.

Greg: Your Apollo AV-1 is rated to 165 FSW tested to 230 FSW.

mdb
www.diveapollo.com

Just to throw out another possibility, the old Tekna Scooters use the same motors, props as many of these modern units. While rated to 130 feet only that is more than enough for most uses. These can be had for under 1000 dollars in useable condition, much less in rough condition and in need of an expensive rebuild. Some parts are available and there is some support and at least one fellow who rebuilds them and has custom parts. I have two, one I am rebuilding--black, the other is a goer---red, it is fast, has decent range and keeps up with most any scooter or even outruns them. These are not super heavy duy but I would call them medium duty and they are relatively sturdy, depth limit 130 feet, sleek and modern looking. They are not a toy like the Seadoo as they have a large direct drive low RPM motor of the same type found in other scooters and the prop and duct is as you might notice copied by most of these current models. The Mako is an outgrowth of the Tekna and is still on the market. Just another possibility, real scooters are not cheap and the Tekna is not either but it might be possible to put one together for under 1500 dollars rebuilt with careful shopping and have a nice unit to play with. Did I say mine is fast, shall I say it SCOOOOOTS! N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom