Scooping the crotch strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRScuba:
After reading this post my head is spinning from all the swaying,head between legs, the string/hose thingie and the hay bailer.
Just ask your dive buddy to pass the crotch strap between your legs.
I'm sure he/she would not mind. After all we are adults. aren't we???

Also, I'm going to drop my dive buddy application off to Babyduck the next time I'm in Durham. :wink:

Oh yes, this is excatly what is happening now. And I have had my instructor/charter capt offer many a time - for my buddy too who has no problem reaching hers... He - strictly a jacket guy - has many a time eagerly helped the rig off us upon climbing the ladder without remembering a thing like crotch strap exists too. Yank. Somehow, I bet his memory started working better if even one of us was a guy...

My buddy sure won't mind. I'd just like to become more independent on little things like this. Little things can take off from her load - she's usually the one who has to stand around helping me with heavy gear on her shoulders too (picking up fins for me if no elevations etc)

piikki:
Oh yes, this is excatly what is happening now. And I have had my instructor/charter capt offer many a time - for my buddy too who has no problem reaching hers... He - strictly a jacket guy - has many a time eagerly helped the rig off us upon climbing the ladder without remembering a thing like crotch strap exists too. Yank. Somehow, I bet his memory started working better if even one of us was a guy...

My buddy sure won't mind. I'd just like to become more independent on little things like this. Little things can take off from her load - she's usually the one who has to stand around helping me with heavy gear on her shoulders too (picking up fins for me if no elevations etc)

I'm sure that with all the help you received on this post you will be able to overcome this little problem. Try working on it at home.

There is one little movement you can do to make sure the one who helps you when on the ladder will make him remember you have a strap attached to your bc. :11:

As with anything in life: Practice, Practice, Practice

Sometimes a helping hand at times is not a bad idea. :D

Sounds like you have a good dive buddy that has no problem
helping you until this gets resolved.

Maybe it is the cold weather in NY that could be the problem.
Everybody blames everything on the weather, why not you?

JRScuba:
After reading this post my head is spinning from all the swaying,head between legs, the string/hose thingie and the hay bailer.
Just ask your dive buddy to pass the crotch strap between your legs.
I'm sure he/she would not mind. After all we are adults. aren't we???

Also, I'm going to drop my dive buddy application off to Babyduck the next time I'm in Durham. :wink:
:10:

I attach my reel to the scooter ring and let out a few feet of line. Once the tanks are on your back step over the line and just reel in and "Voila!" clip into place. Now I've just got to work out how to extract the long hose that is running down my back 'cos I can't get the mouthpiece in while it is hanging down there. And, I just need someone to give me a hand with that sidemount... damn that reg is caught under it too...!

(I'm joking! Dear God, don't flame me!)

I do a backflip and grab it just before I land on my feet. Note: This can ge tricky on boat dives.

ShakaZulu:
I do a backflip and grab it just before I land on my feet. Note: This can ge tricky on boat dives.

LOL!!

Man I can belive no one mentioned the easiest was of them all! just stand upright w/ legs spread about shoulder width apart and move your hips back and forth as if you doing it. the strap wil swing w/in arms reach on the forward thrust. And there you have it no bending down w/ doubles on.

my god , i'm glad that this isn't a complicated manuver.FOFL. KEN

WaterDawg:
LOL!!

Man I can belive no one mentioned the easiest was of them all! just stand upright w/ legs spread about shoulder width apart and move your hips back and forth as if you doing it. the strap wil swing w/in arms reach on the forward thrust. And there you have it no bending down w/ doubles on.

Oh Yes I can see it now. Get the swinging going and then

Bam on you back. Forgot you had a tank on. LOL :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom