Science Diving Friday Aquarena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that could make it, what a full day of diving.

As predicted we had the picnic area to ourselves, met up with the folks from Texarkana.

Nice to meet them. I saw 9 Garr, 7 turtles and too many fish to count. Weather was great, water temperature even better and just had some really FUN diving with the crew all day long. 3 dives in total. And lovin' those warm showers afterwards.

Thanks for joining me in a wonderful day of diving Aquarena.

Pictures attached below for your viewing pleasure.

Can't wait to do it all again.

Tim and Julie thanks for the food at Mamacita's afterwards, great chimichanga.

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

Attachments

• Aquarena diving Nov 28_2008.jpg
    Aquarena diving Nov 28_2008.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Aquarena diving Nov 28_2008 001.jpg
    Aquarena diving Nov 28_2008 001.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Aquarena diving Nov 28_2008 002.jpg
    Aquarena diving Nov 28_2008 002.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 46
Shawn, I was the guy who drove down from Texarkana. Good to meet you guys finally. I was surprised at how grown up the spring is. Needs some work.

Mike

Shawn, I was the guy who drove down from Texarkana. Good to meet you guys finally. I was surprised at how grown up the spring is. Needs some work.

Mike

Mike,

It was nice to meet you guys. Talk about traveling a long way to dive. Wish you lived closer. Let me know when your headed back this way, or maybe we should meet up and dive Lake Charles together.

Shawn O'Shea

Nice to meet you Shawn.
I was the bloke with the English accent... and the 3mm shorty (wet suit that is!).
I ended up doing 4 dives: Volunteer dives on the Riverbed area and then with Eric and his class of DFS.
It's the 3rd time I have been (5th if you include the 2 day DFS course) and I love the water temp and vizibility.
You guys are so fortunate to have permission to use such an excellent dive site with some great facilities and such an enthusiastic and helpful team of staff.
My last dive prior to this was at Athens in 3ft Viz and cold, cold water, and that's coming form someone raised in the UK, so you can imagine how cold it was. I hope to go back there next summer and enjoy diving there in a bit warmer conditions and viz (I am reliably informed the viz is usually much better ~ around 12 ft).... A dive is a dive though and I always enjoy, the only variable being what I drink afterwards!

Safe diving,
John.

Back
Top Bottom