Sci Tech Neck tite fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point Stuart, I did think of that option however my dive shop recommends the zip seals. They feel it's an overall better design, I dive every month and choose reliability over price in this case. I think for several reasons my next purchase will be a DUI tri-lam suit. The location of the dump valve, the crushed neoprene messing with my buoyancy control, only room for one pocket. The XSC2 has been a good suit just not a great suit.

Also the inflator after 3.5 yrs is sticky, I'm having it replaced, that might be normal wear and tear, I don't want to wait for it to fail before I replace it.

Has anyone on SC had an inflator fail open?

I don't remember the exact thread, but I swear I remembering reading a thread somewhere here on SB recently where somebody said that comparing the Zip silicone neck seal and the Si Tech silicone neck seal, the Si Tech was thicker and more robust. I can't remember exactly what was said. I just remember leaving with the impression that the Si Tech seal itself typically would last a lot longer than the Zip neck seal - according to whoever I was reading. I've never had a Zip or Si Tech seal (other than normal, stock latex), so I don't really know for myself.

Might be something to look for, if you're really concerned about reliability.

I don't remember the exact thread, but I swear I remembering reading a thread somewhere here on SB recently where somebody said that comparing the Zip silicone neck seal and the Si Tech silicone neck seal, the Si Tech was thicker and more robust. I can't remember exactly what was said. I just remember leaving with the impression that the Si Tech seal itself typically would last a lot longer than the Zip neck seal - according to whoever I was reading. I've never had a Zip or Si Tech seal (other than normal, stock latex), so I don't really know for myself.

Might be something to look for, if you're really concerned about reliability.

I can confirm this to be true. I have the Si Tech silicone neck seal on my suit, while my normal dive buddy uses the silicone neck zipseal for his suit. When he has asked me to check his seal for roll under, I can feel how much less robust the zipseal version feels as compared to mine. The silicone zipseal feels substantially thinner to me. Now that being said, he has had the same seal on his suit for several years and has had no issues. Just my 2 cents

I cut out my "free" Zip Seal ring and replaced it with the Neck Tite ring, which quickly became much less expensive than the Zip Seal ring, albeit not quite as comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom