Schooling Sailfish near Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not so much the diving as it is WHO you are diving with. I reckon he can command those kinda bucks....

Your Guide
For more than twenty years, world-renowned photographer Amos Nachoum's explorations have been featured by National Geographic, the BBC, and the Discovery Channel. His photo essays have been published among others in National Geographic, Outdoor Photographer, Sport Diver, BBC Wildlife, Men's Journal, Time, Life, and Conde Nast Traveler. (See About Us). The desire to share his special experiences with others has led Mr. Nachoum to create his own exclusive travel company, Big Animals Photography Expeditions. In the course of his career, he has guided over 2,700 divers, snorkelers, and adventurers across the globe. As well as an unparalleled record of success in finding and observing unique animals in the wild, he is equally proud of his immaculate safety record.

I reckon you could get those kinda bucks if you were Jessica Alba offering a small personalized trip! :D Not that I would be interested, mind you.

I'm working on how to do this right now off Manzanillo, Eastern Pacific, Mexico. I was guiding sport fishing for sailfish yesterday (catch & release) and one came right along the side of boat, flashing colours to a new teaser lure I had just finished making, then a 360 to another teaser, breaking the surface. Awesome. And the idea has stuck with me since talking with Chris Fallows when going with him for free-diving with Makos and Blue Sharks off Cape Town. To see sailfish underwater - got to do it!

Andy Burton
.:: SHARK HUNTER ::.

I was diving a couple of weeks ago just north of Puerto Aventuras when we had a few sail fish join us on our deco stop at 15'. This is the second time I have seen them at 15'

Not the best photo, heck I think it's a sailfish. Anyway for $6900.00 I will hang out in the water at 15' with anyone waiting for sailfish and I will cook you dinner and let you sleep in a hamock at my place.

Dennis

Attachments

• Sail fish.jpg
    Sail fish.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 103
I am envious of you. I was on Isla at Easter and the only day I didn't go out, the Dive op was off Punta Sur and was joined by a small group of sail fish.

Another must see I'll have to add to my..."missed it by that much"...list. Oh well back there in 2 weekas and I hope to see the turtles mating...

Back
Top Bottom