Whale Sharks & Mantas July 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkphoto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi , I am hosting a 4 day small group Whale Sharks and Mantas trip to Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
We will have our own boat (sport fishing boat or large panga) for 4 full days at sea with the best most experienced captains. We get as much time in the water as we want until we leave at around 3pm to return to our beach front hotel (Playa Media Luna)

YES! I know there have been some bad reports of this experience by some members. Let me give a different view on this: the captains we work with get out there first and know where to go to avoid the other boats. We can have our encounters away from the Cancun day boats. By the time they have peaked in numbers, we are ready to take a lunch break or move away to look for the mantas at the edges of the WS aggregation. Would people like my self (an underwater photographer and trip guide) and Jim Abernethy continue to host these eco based trips for serious water lovers year after year if it was indeed the zoo some people report? Yes, the stuff happens, but not with us or near us.

This is a high quality marine wildlife encounter with expert people making it a success for you, a fun hotel walking distance to restaurants, and a very fair price. It also leaves you time to add other things like scuba, cenotes, historic places, fishing (catch and release) or beaching.

Support the people doing this trip right.

Attachments

• 213A9083.jpg
    213A9083.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 60
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom