Scammed on Scuba Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think when someone contacts you and says "I've got the thing your looking for..." is a big red flag. So sorry you got scammed.

That's what I would think too under the same circumstances.

I've made several purchases here. If I have any question at all about the seller, I will use PayPal for Goods and Services and tack on the 3% on my end. The seller gets his or her full price and I get some recourse if there's a problem.
Same here.

There are dishonest **** bags all over the place nowadays,, pretty disgusting that some wastes of space think this behaviour is acceptable.

The original Post(er) has my complete sympathy if feel shattered not so much the money but the lying.

There are dishonest **** bags all over the place nowadays,, pretty disgusting that some wastes of space think this behaviour is acceptable.

The original Post(er) has my complete sympathy if feel shattered not so much the money but the lying.

These dirt bags have no shame and no sense of honor at all. It doesn't phase them to scam like they do, in fact, they feel proud of themselves. Different type of "beings" than the average honest human being.

Just a quick heads up to everyone -

About three weeks ago II posted a wanted ad in the SB classifieds for a Kirby Morgan M48 Mod-1 mask. I was contacted by PM on here by someone saying that another guy had one for sale and to contact him via an email address that I was given. I contacted that guy and he answered my questions and sent me the pics I requested. He calculated shipping to my address and I paid $545 by Paypal family and friends to him. I've now found out that I was scammed - the pictures that he sent me were from old ads on Scubaboard and elsewhere, and the message that was sent to me on SB saying to contact the guy has been deleted by the sender. It is in no way Scuba Board's fault - I thought that I had done reasonable checks by asking him to send me the specific photos that I asked for etc.

Please everyone be very aware that there are scammers lurking on Scuba Board!!
Have you reported the person who DMd you so we can at least block them?

So, so sorry for your scam. Please, unless you know them personally, please don't use friends and family, or use Zelle, Zenmo, etc, etc. They're stealing from paypal when they do that, and that should be a red flag.

but from the top to the bottom lying and cheating is what it's all about so who has the energy to be any different

I checked the logs, another example of VPN abuse.
Maybe it's really time to deny SB access for VPN connections.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom