SC divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just going to let everyone know that TJ Maxx has O'neill and Body Glove wetsuits for a pretty good price! I just picked up an O'neill Sector 3mm for $79.99

O'Neill J-type, not sector...

I got mine in Mt. Pleasant, SC. The Lexington, SC store has some smaller ones, but not near the selection that the beach had.

Diving the Georgia Aquarium August the 2nd!!! My wife and kids love me! Gave me that for my birthday. Anyone want to join me? I will let you guys know how it went. I've been wanting to do this ever since I stepped foot in that place....I cannot wait!!!!

Is that the thing for like $350 to dive with the whale sharks? Looks pretty cool! Have fun, if I had the extra money right now I would definitely join!

I am going to get a few dives in soon and try to volunteer to feed the fish in the aquarium at Riverbanks Zoo here in Columbia. Anyone done this before?

Hey! I'm Jason. I live in Oconee County, and frequently dive various sites on Lake Keowee and Lake Jocassee. I am OW, AOW, and nitrox certified. I run a small business and work part time as a commercial dive tender for McCall Brothers Diving Inc. Recently, I've been training in helmet diving as well. If anyone has questions about diving in the area, feel free to drop me a line. There are lots of good dive sites here, particularly for those who are AOW certified.

Hey! I'm Jason. I live in Oconee County, and frequently dive various sites on Lake Keowee and Lake Jocassee. I am OW, AOW, and nitrox certified. I run a small business and work part time as a commercial dive tender for McCall Brothers Diving Inc. Recently, I've been training in helmet diving as well. If you have any questions about diving in the area, feel free to drop me a line. There are lots of good dive sites here, particularly for those who are AOW certified. We have boats and dive a lot, so you're more than welcome to hook up with us anytime ya want! By the way..there's a lot more to Jocasse than The Junk!

Hi All, Mike in Anderson here.
New to diving. Went on a honeymoon in Mexico in May of this year.
We ended up staying at a nice resort that offered discovery scuba
on site. I went through the class & dove the Belize Barrier Reef that
same day (which was in Riveria Mexico, ~20 miles north of Cancun).
Second day of diving I dove twice in Cancun. Third day, I dove
twice in Cozumel. Fourth day I dove twice off the coast of Isla Mujeres;
And this is where I came face to face with a nurse shark. Very cool.
At that point I knew I was hooked. Once I came back it was time to
get certified. I went through the classes & did my check-out dive in
Jocassee (Devils Fork) from the shore.
I have since purchased all of my equipment so that I can go diving at anytime.
I have also hooked up with the marina on one of the local lakes to do
"recovery" type dives. There is the need a handful of times per year for
a diver to recover a dropped watch or bracelet or a ring. I had to present
all of my equipment to them for inspection, as well as my C card & my dive buoy.
I have been chasing some of the classmates that took the class to go back to
Jocassee with me so that we can get some down time. The problem is that
I took my class in Georgia & most of them live in or near Atlanta.
So thats my story & here are some pictures of the nurse shark that I startled
off of Isla Mujeres. Roughly 30' down, Fuji disposable waterproof camera.
Nevermind. The sight won't allow me to post pictures until my post count is higher.

Renee here. Instructor at Lexington Scuba. Been diving for 15 years but only moved here about 2 years ago. Dove Keowee earlier this year and I'll be at Jocassee next weekend (Aug. 29 & 30) for the first time. I train in Lake Murky - oh I mean Murray! But it is actually not a bad little dive. Moved here from Florida so I've logged a few dives between Jupiter and the Caribbean. Got certified in Massachusetts so cold and low vis is familiar.

We've been blown out of a couple trips to the coast but I'll try again. Next month we're heading up to Morehead City and then its the Keys in October. Love to have anyone SBers join the group.

Hello all,

Trying to get back in diving on more regular basis. Certified PADI Basic since '78. Lived in Miami until '86. Took a break while married but went thru PADI Open Water as refresher 4 years ago and Advanced this weekend at Lake Jocassee. Sorry, but lake only good for getting wet on rare occassion and classes. Prefer ocean diving any day. Interested in best sites and dive operators SC and NC or if anyone with boat can help with expenses. Always looking for a new buddy.

Back
Top Bottom