SBM Whiskey Wreck Expert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We would like to dive the Whiskey wreck on Saturday. Would you like to meet and give us some guidance. I have not done any shore diving in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach. Your expertise would be appreciated.
I am not trying to give you the big head. We are looking to get in some diving over the weekend and I knew you would know the best locations for the given weather conditions and tides. Thanks.

Sure, no problem, what time are you guys looking to dive? Mornings are usually a bit better as far as wind and surf goes.

Morning, Afternoon. It does not matter to me at all. Your the expert.
Are there other places we could go too? Maybe 1 dive at the Whiskey and then move somewhere else. You tell me what you think.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sure, no problem, what time are you guys looking to dive? Mornings are usually a bit better as far as wind and surf goes.

Huh, I couldn't even give my services away this weekend. They do know your going rate, don't they?
red-bull.jpg
red-bull.jpg
red-bull.jpg
red-bull.jpg
red-bull.jpg
red-bull.jpg

SBM get a big head? Never.... :wink:

He really does know the area. He is the first person we (frankc420 (my dive buddy)) dove with after certification. Took us to all kinds of good locations. I know you will have a great time while diving with him.

Michael

Mostly just the product, not so much the number of them :D

The Whiskey is the largest shore dive site we have, aside from the jetties which aren't really cooperative due to tides this weekend. There are a few other wrecks, but they are small and don't have a nice public access with showers, like the Whiskey. Tides will be coming incoming all afternoon, might give slightly better visibility... not a really noticable most of the time :p We typically dive these beach sites regardless of tidal swing. I'll probably be diving on Friday as well, so might just do the single dive on Saturday - I can point you to the Pier though if you are interested.

You can dive the Gulf State Pier, but you have to park across the street at Gulf State Park which has an entrance fee. I'd drop a person and gear off on the beach side of the street, have the other person park the car at the park and walk back and gear up the side of the street before making the walk to the pier. Kind of a long walk though... still not Destin Jetty long :)

I am ready. It will all be new sites for me so it really does not matter where we go.
Secret spots? That sounds like a couple of 12 packs.

Is Saturday looking good? Forecasts I am seeing are favorable. I think. Shore cameras look good today.
SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET. BAYS AND
COASTAL WATERWAYS A LIGHT CHOP.

East winds? Is 10 to 15 knots bad?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom